The St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary (STA) Alumni Engagement and Development Officer is responsible for the planning and development of the STA Alumni Association to include programs, projects and events that strategically engage alumni and provide tangible benefits to the school community.
This position is also responsible for maintaining multi-year pledges made to the Build STA Campaign, while managing annual giving activities such as the Marching Saints Walk-a-thon.
This individual will help increase the school’s profile within the North Shore community and will promote STA in a professional and enthusiastic manner at all times.
The position reports to the STA Regional Education Committee (REC) and School Administration.
- Identify, recruit and work closely with the Alumni Association Board of Directors, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong & productive relationships between its members, school administration & REC
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs, projects & events that support STA
- Ensure accurate & complete alumni database records, capture contact, biographical & career information of alumni via surveys, oversee projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally & internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages and print publications
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits & engage them in programs, attend Grad events throughout the year, build relationships with current students and talk in assemblies & in classrooms about the Alumni Association
- Work with school administration to introduce alumni involvement in the student life at STA; partner with the academic advisor and school administration to plan the growth & accessibility of career networking services for students & alumni (e.g. help plan the logistics of career day and contact alumni to participate)
- Oversee the plan to increase support from alumni; routinely identify & qualify alumni prospects for potential gifts and maintain these records in DonorPerfect Online
- Maintain relationships with donors and administrate multi-year pledges made through the Phase I BuildSTA Campaign
- Based on existing pledges / donations to the Phase I BuildSTA Campaign, this individual will coordinate the donor recognition wall and commemorative naming opportunities within new school building
- Oversee annual giving activities to raise funds for select special projects and events, in collaboration with REC
- Promote STA within North Shore Regional Parishes
- Attain / achieve annual fundraising targets set in conjunction with the REC, the school administration and the Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Issue donation tax receipts on behalf of the school
- A background in alumni relations and external affairs, with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and in developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with school staff, administration, alumni, regional parishes and the extended North Shore Catholic community
- Strong public speaker who feels comfortable speaking to large groups and diverse crowds
- Ability and experience in strategizing, implementing and building programs & events, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously, with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with Constant Contact, DonorPerfect Online or other constituent database
- Experience with online marketing and communications, including social media, is an asset
- Experience in event planning, including planning large scale events, is an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
In your cover letter, please share your understanding of STA and why you would like to work with the school. Please include your last name in the file name for both your resume and cover letter.
Submit your application as soon as possible. We review applications as they are received. Thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted, and we will not be accepting telephone calls.