ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) is a highly respected not-for-profit association providing services and benefits to over 2,000 Alternative Dispute Resolution professionals (mediators, arbitrators, etc.), our regional affiliates, corporate members and the public. We offer an excellent opportunity to join and grow with an interesting organization!
We have a small, very busy office of six staff. Due to a recent departure and organizational growth, we are seeking a bilingual candidate with a broad range of administrative, project coordination, business development and marketing skills. The incumbent will have a passion for learning the organization’s vision and needs inside-out. If you are interested in more than “just a job”, this position may be ideal for you!
Important Note: Candidates who are not fluently bilingual in English and French need not apply. Ability to understand as well as speak, read and write in a clear, concise and professional/business manner in both English and French is required.
Marketing, Websites & Technology
- Develop written content for websites, social media, newsletters and eblasts
- Creative design (website pages, in-house ads, email blasts, event / info flyers, PowerPoints, signs, banners, etc.)
- Monitor and share website, email and social media analytics
- Liaise with translation and printing companies and proof their work
- Online posting of press releases, articles, blogs, videos and podcasts
- CRM system administration including reports, queries, event registration set-up, etc
- Assist with procurement and maintenance of products and services (equipment, software, platforms, etc)
- Confirm invoices and maintain budgets related to activities
Business Development, Administrative and Project Coordination
- Carry out special projects (research, analysis, coordination, presentation of information and implementation)
- Assist with conference business development and sponsorships
- Liaise with ADR case admin manager and respond to public enquiries, assist with practitioner selection and appointments, rosters, etc
- Committee support
- Maintain administrative systems and records and create and update and format documents, forms, letters, memos, reports, etc
- Assist in developing and promoting opportunities and otherwise supporting our members
- Assist with activities to enhance synergies with our 7 regional affiliates across Canada
- Intra-Team support
- Various other administrative, clerical and project coordination duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in relevant business administration, project coordination, marketing areas and/or other combinations of education and experience
- Fluently bilingual, English and French, with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced systems skills a must (Excel, Word, Databases, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience maintaining websites and familiarity with CRM database systems
- Touch-typing skills (minimum 45 wpm)
Attributes and Assets:
- Must work with a sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done right within deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good customer service attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong organizational, research and time management skills
- Self-motivated and responsible, doesn’t need supervision to stay on track or to adhere to policies
- Checks own work to ensure accuracy, is unafraid to ask for assistance when necessary
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- A sense of calm and confidence no matter how pressured a situation
- Knowledge of various technologies, and willingness to learn
- Willingness to work overtime as necessary (not a clock watcher)
- Team player
- Quick learner and has some interest in or is willing to learn about ADR
- Experience in a media relations or related industry considered an asset
- Experience operating webcasting technology and with video editing/production considered an asset
$40,000 - $55,000 annually commensurate with experience
ADRIC offers a number of benefits including a pleasant office environment, flexible hours, extended health/dental/vision/hearing care, critical illness, Best Doctors, AD&D, LTD, life insurance and a bonus programme.
Reports to: Executive Director Start date: Immediate Location: Yonge & Eglinton, Toronto
How to apply
IMPORTANT - please submit the following:
- A PERSONALISED cover letter IN ENGLISH in Word doc format outlining how your skills and interests match this position
- Your resume
- A brief paragraph (up to 100 words IN FRENCH) also indicating why you are interested in the position.
- A sample of your content writing and design work, if possible
- your expected salary
Send your application package with your name in the subject line to email@example.com soonest, and no later than April 30, 2019.
No phone calls, please and thank you.
NO AGENCIES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
We thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.adric.ca