Position: Full Time Executive Coordinator
Purpose of the Position:
The Executive Coordinator provides administrative services for the Executive Director, including: managing and coordinating the flow of information internally between the Executive Director and the organization, and externally with stakeholder partners. The Executive Coordinator ensures efficient and effective operation of the office; coordinating, organizing or planning multi-faceted meetings/events; participating in developing, implementing and monitoring of administrative systems within the Administration area; coordinating orientation, training and development of assigned staff to ensure excellence in the provision of administrative services within the Administration area; utilizing advanced functions to provide administrative services for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Executive Director Administrative Support:
- Coordinates and maintains written and/or electronic calendar/schedule for the Executive Director, including: coordinating the scheduling and maintaining of a flexible appointment schedule while coordinating, scheduling and confirming appointments, conference calls and various other activities for the Executive Director.
- Meeting/event support such as agenda preparation, taking meeting minutes, reviewing minutes with the Executive Director for timely distribution, room bookings, set up and coordinating audio/visual technology, catering, arranging meeting supplies.
Senior Leadership Team Administrative Support:
- Admin support to SLT – weekly touch base & monthly meetings
- Develops and tracks annual agency timeline in consultation with SLT (QIP, Operational Plan, Health Equity Plan, Compliance & Reporting, Surveys, Events)
Board of Directors’ Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative support to Board of Directors. Scheduling, preparing minutes, agenda, board packages, booking venues, catering
- Provide admin support to committees/projects chaired by the ED or BOD; scheduling; agenda setting with ED, minutes etc. Ex: SLT Touch base, SLT monthly meeting, mangers’ meetings, quarterly all staff, Quality & Innovation
- Provide admin support and event coordination to agency-wide events, chaired by the ED – Wellness Awards, Volunteer Appreciation, Annual Training, Staff Appreciation
- Petty cash, third party contracts (landlord, construction, maintenance), Onboarding, Data admin, website, business cards, phones, phone listings, JH&SC inspections
AODA support and monitoring:
- As directed by the Executive Director, responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks related to the organization including but not limited to:
- Maintaining records including organizing and maintaining the filing system,
- Ensuring confidentiality of records,
- Preparing general correspondence as directed,
- Compiling statistical information,
- Greeting clients and visitors in person and answering phones in a polite and professional manner; ensuring “No Wrong Door” policy is adhered to and that every person is provided with some follow-up regarding service.
- Participates in developing, implementing and monitoring of administrative systems within the administration area, including: monitoring administrative systems to ensure efficient and effective operation; collaborating with appropriate individuals to streamline administrative functions within the organization.
- Completion of a degree at a Bachelor’s level.
- Seven (7) years related office administration experience.
- Extensive on-the-job computer/word-processing, database and spreadsheet software experience; experience in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a mental health or healthcare environment is considered an asset.
Summit Housing and Outreach Programs (SHOP) strives to foster an equitable workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applicants from all qualified candidates. SHOP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Shifts: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with flexibility as required by program needs.
Main Location: Mainly Oakville but with throughout Halton Region
Commencement Date: As soon as possible.
Submit resume, by September 25, 2019:
Director, Client Services & Quality