Employment opportunity: Permanent, full-time
Reports to: Director, Research Impact and Content Strategy
Location: Ottawa, ON
Our Research Impact and Content Strategy team is currently seeking a Process Manager who will apply a project management mindset to drive seamless production and delivery of the Conference Board of Canada’s research and convening products.
Our Ideal Candidate is…. a strong process manager with a keen eye for detail, excellent problem solving abilities and a flare for creating efficiencies. Outstanding interpersonal skills are required as this role will be working across the organization. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in ambiguous situations. We are looking for someone who will contribute to our team environment, while also being able work independently.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Coordinate incoming work into the process that transforms our research and convening products into richly creative, resonant multi-media content
- Employ process and project management skills, discipline and tools to track and ensure key individual content project timelines and deliverables are achieved
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve or streamline processes
- Provide ongoing detailed and macro-level reporting on project status, team capacity and utilization
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to the production team
- Assign content development and creative work to relevant team members
- Act as the key cross-enterprise contact
- Manage external contractor tasking and performance to support the production process, this includes editors, translators and graphic designers
- Facilitate weekly workplan meetings with communications and marketing
- Incorporate Agile practices into production process to increase efficiency
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of four years of process or project management experience, and a minimum of one year of demonstrated people management experience
- A post-secondary degree in business or other related discipline
- Ability to handle multiple projects and production deadlines
- Experience with project management principles and technology
- Experience using web Content Management Systems (CMS) an asset
- Accurate, with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
- Ability to juggle masterfully, build momentum, influence positive outcomes, facilitate cross-functional discussions and decisions
- Solid presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
How to Apply:
Applications may be submitted through our Careers’ page.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in The Conference Board of Canada. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.