Grandview Terrace Child Care Society is looking for an experienced Regular Part-Time Out of School Care Educator. This position requires a high energy, enthusiastic person with a positive attitude and a passion for supporting & advocating for children with a range of special needs within the program.
The Must Haves….
- Responsible Adult and / or ECE CCFL License to practice in B.C.
- Current First Aid Certification
- Written verification of physical and mental good health as stated by a qualified physician
- Clear criminal record check
- Able to communicate well in English, verbally and in writing
- Experience working with School Age children aged 5-12
- Experience supporting children identified with a special or additional needs
Demonstrated Experience in the Following:
- Able to identify the abilities, interests and needs of all children but particularly those identified with a special need.
- Be able to plan and carry out a range of group & individualized activities & experiences relevant & interesting to children between 5 - 12 years old, indoors and outdoors.
- Show that you are able to provide work direction to team members, assistants and volunteers to ensure a child’s individual work plan & experiences are supported.
- Be able to guide and build respectful professional caring relationships with all children in this age group.
- Make observations, use appropriate questioning techniques and demonstrate problem-solving strategies.
- Be able to communicate individual & group needs and to report on progress & behaviour in a positive, respectful way.
- Be able to communicate professionally and positively with staff, families, school & outside agencies on children’s growth, development & any unusual or problematic issues.
- Be able to administer first aid / medication in accordance with established policy and Community Care Facility Licensing regulations; attend to any physical needs of a child, such as diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
- Be a team player.
- Ensure a healthy & safe environment in which all children can interact and grow in confidence & self-esteem, physically, socially and intellectually.
- Be a leader, motivator and advocate for children & families in the society.
- Be able to follow childcare regulations & policies and be responsible to implement them as directed.
- Show positive behaviour management strategies.
- Take initiative and take direction when needed.
Most importantly, we need people who have a great attitude, who are reliable and who can be a fantastic role model for children.
Employment Type: Regular Part Time OSC Educator
Hours: Monday to Friday – 4 to 7 hours per day - varied shifts (split shifts are required on regular school days)
Salary Information: $18.18 / hour plus benefits
Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
Address resumes with cover letter to: Alejandra Uribe, Program Coordinator.