Coordinator, Information Management (IM)
Full-Time, Regular Position
Salary Range: $62,667 - $73,726
Includes Health Benefits and HOOPP
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
SRCHC is a leader in the CHC sector with optimizing use of electronic health records for client care and the use of data analytics to support research, quality improvement and accountability agreements. SRCHC is looking for someone to join our dynamic team in an evolving health care environment.
The Coordinator – IM will work closely with management and leadership teams to share our stories with clarity and confidence using data. The Coordinator – IM supports effective usage of the electronic medical record (EMR) systems and provides extensive training to staff in order to facilitate providers’ documentation, quality improvement, performance management, program evaluation, research and accountability. In addition, this position is responsible for funder-compliant data collection, quality and analysis to support the organization and its decision making processes.
This position supports staff, the management team, senior leadership and the organization and has access to all system infrastructure, backups and electronic documentation including information regarding board and leadership team decisions, human resources, finance, accountability agreements and reporting, clinical data, etc.
- Develops training plan, training tools and documentation to ensure data input consistency, workflows alignment and various provider roles’ professional requirements.
- Provide classroom and one-on-one training, and roaming support for staff with varying levels of computer literacy within our EMR software and related applications.
- Orientate new staff and provide ongoing training for staff on the EMR to ensure data input consistency and make recommendations regarding staff performance management.
- Participate in committees and work with providers to develop data management best practices.
- Provide 1st level support for EMR issues for providers across multiple sites.
- Coordinate the implementation of system changes and enhancements.
- Support and review provincial-level data depository.
- Trouble-shoot and manage information systems issues (i.e. EMR) with staff and vendors.
- Support the ongoing work of EMR implementation.
- Provide support of other data management and information systems functions and duties.
- Act as local authority for local registration of city and provincial tools and systems (e.g. ONE ID, Connecting Ontario, eHub, etc.).
- Support the Privacy Support Officer with privacy audits and other privacy related issues.
Data Extraction & Analysis
- Responsible for extraction, analysis, and presentation of client and service data to enable the senior leadership and management teams to review, evaluate, and implement programs and services that address strategic directions.
- Develop systems (e.g. dashboards) to provide regular reports and data related to performance management.
- Responsible for extraction, analysis and presentation of client and service data to assist teams to evaluate and improve performance of SRCHC’s programs and services and staff
- Ensure data systems are capable of meeting the Centre’s needs including the capacity to extract organizational collection of client and service data
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation and monitoring of funder compliant data entry, and that consistent data standards and business rules are maintained throughout the organization
- Understands and applies knowledge of the CHC Evaluation Framework, including performance indicators, data relationships and business rules
- Understands and applies knowledge of Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards (OHRS) and rate harmonization
- Ongoing review and refinement of structure to support performance management and quality improvement activities across the organization
- Develop and facilitate running of standard and ad hoc reports
- Support best practice standards on the use of evidence-based planning and decision making
- Manage data system security frameworks and access to confidential organizational information and data
- Work collaboratively within a team consisting administrators, managers, and directors to support the management and leadership teams’ data needs.
- Post graduate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Three or more years of related experience; preferably in a health care setting
- Experience in data quality management, EMR, and using and analyzing data to support organizational infrastructure, performance management and quality improvements.
- Knowledge of Electronic Client Record systems (e.g. PS suite)
- Experience as a trainer, including assessing training needs and developing plans to address them at a range of skills levels
- Strong planning and project management skills with proven ability to multi-task
- Experience in prioritizing workload demands and problem solving within a team setting
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Powerpoint, etc)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. JReport, Crystal Reports, Hummingbird BI, etc) an asset
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. advanced formulas, vba and macros, array formula, etc.)
- Ability to explain technical information in plain language and process redesign
- Knowledge of statistics, databases and experience building complex queries and reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Familiar with SQL an asset
- Knowledge of community, the health sector including primary health care and community health centres
- Strong interest in issues affecting people who are homeless, living with a mental illness or substance use, and complex health needs
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Respect for client confidentiality
- Ability to work independently or in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Previous CHC experience would be an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.