The CPA’s Compliance Services and Programs department has an exciting opportunity for a 18 month maternity replacement contract for a Document Specialist. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining and updating Canadian Payroll Association’s (CPA’s) intellectual property such as Professional Development (PD) and certification course materials.
- Create, edit, format, maintain, and update documents, handouts, presentations and promotional materials for the CPA’s Professional Development (PD) Seminars and Certification Program.
- Produce and arrange accurate delivery with up-to-date PD seminar and/or certification content within required timelines.
- Create, edit, format, and update Conference handouts, presentation and promotional materials.
- Create, maintain, and distribute critical path for CPA’s PD seminars to identified project managers within required timelines.
- Maintain constant communication with project managers on PD seminars to ensure timelines are met.
- Coordinate with third party printer(s) to ensure seminar content is accurate and available within prescribed timelines.
- Ensure sign-off on binder proofs for all CPA professional development seminars.
- Coordinate and produce PD Seminar Speaker Binders for the PD seminars in-house and arrange delivery of seminar binder material to speakers within required timelines.
- Communicate and coordinate with speakers on expected delivery of speaker binders for PD seminars in a timely manner.
- Maintain the CPA speaker hub website as an effective resource for speakers.
- Create and maintain a “boiler template” library for various PD and Certification documents, webinars, etc. to better align with the updating and consistency of these items.
- Development and maintaining of CPA style guides, templates, and guidelines for the PD and Certification materials.
- Maintain facilitator and student guides as required.
- General administration functions (e.g., Typing correspondence/reports, sending faxes/mail, and incoming/outgoing courier) for the Compliance Services and Programs department.
- Post-secondary education – College diploma in business and/or desktop publishing and/or marketing/communication is preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of administrative experience.
- Advanced computer skills in the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Word (advanced document editing and formatting is essential)
- Adobe Acrobat (including advanced editing, creating PDF files and forms)
- Desktop publishing software experience is required
- Bilingual (French would be an asset).
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback.
The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) is the national association that has represented employers’ payroll interests since 1978. The CPA is an influential organization, affecting payroll practices in hundreds of thousands of small, medium and large employers across the country. With more than 20,000 members in Canada and abroad, the CPA is recognized as the pre-eminent source of knowledge and information for anyone who administers a Canadian payroll; delivering certification, professional development programs, and products and services that enable payroll practitioners to enhance operations, meet new legislative requirements and utilize emerging technologies.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association is committed to diversity and employment equity and welcomes all applications from qualified individuals.
The Canadian Payroll Association is an equal opportunity employer; as such, accommodation is available to applicants that may require it. Applicants requiring accommodation are encouraged to contact Jelena Misur, HR Coordinator at Jelena.email@example.com to discuss requirements.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.