VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
Over the next 18-24 months, the key responsibilities of the Web Developer & CRM Specialist will be to fulfil the day-to-day web development requirements of the Foundation and also be a key member of our CRM renewal project team. The incumbent will plan and develop the vision for enhancements to the Foundation’s online presence, in association with the Digital Marketing & Communications Manager, that will have a measurable impact on the success of the Foundation’s fundraising and constituent engagement activities. As part of the CRM renewal project team, the incumbent will be involved in defining requirements and processes, reviewing capabilities of technology solutions and delivering elements of system design. To be successful in this role, you will likely have a natural curiosity to learn new technical and business skills, thrive on change, innovation and teamwork, and employ a people-centred approach to technology.
CRM renewal project – 60% during CRM renewal project
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Upskill in required CRM technology and associated applications
- Review the capabilities of technology solutions against requirements
- Deliver elements of system design
Web Development and Programming – 35% during CRM renewal project
- Work with Digital Marketing & Communications Manager and Annual Giving team to implement best practice for UX for online channels, including conducting usability/conversion tests and donor feedback to make informed changes.
- Use a variety of tools such as a content management system, publishing and design, HTML and programming and others to help design and deploy online content.
- Assist in the design of broadcast emails and creates custom websites and related content for targeted campaigns.
- Understand online user behaviour and utilizes this knowledge to drive design, usability and ensure that best practices are used by the Foundation.
- Direct and/or manage agencies, vendors and/or other third-parties working on the development of more complex technical requirements, digital marketing campaigns or other initiatives
Responsibility Area: Analysis Reporting and Data Management - 5%
- Data extracting, analyzing and modeling using a variety of technical tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Luminate Online API and Tableau.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Such duties do not normally change the level of the job.
Technical Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in a fundraising environment or equivalent experience in the corporate sector.
- University degree or technical diploma, ideally in web related or information systems or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge of WordPress (including integration of themes and plugins) and Luminate Online (CMS, Donation Management, Email Management, TeamRaiser).
- Experience with online financial transactions, online events management and experience with a fundraising database such as Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce.
- Solid understanding of LAMP/MAMP development stack.
- Proven high level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Excellent understanding of modern cloud-based technologies and services, including Dropbox, Office 365, Zapier, Workplace for Facebook and others.
Business Skills and Qualities
- Desire and ability to learn new technical skills
- Ability to understand the context of day to day work in relation to the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Highly developed critical and logical thinking; ability to work with, and manipulate, data and to synthesize information and create systems and reports that are effective and easily interpreted and understood by Foundation staff.
- Mature, able to work independently and also known for being a strong team player with a collaborative work style.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills and ability to identify needs and develop solutions for a diverse group of users.
- Good presentation and training skills with an ability to explain technical and related concepts to non-technical staff.
- Thrives in a highly competitive industry and a fast paced work environment.
- Can multi-task and manage a variable workflow, which may include significant involvement in major projects. Can balance multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits. Start date: Immediate.