COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – SOCIAL MEDIA
PLASP Child Care Services is a charitable organization operating on a not-for-profit basis, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. PLASP operates in more than 230 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 27 full-day early learning and child care centres.
PLASP is committed to hiring, training, and fairly compensating staff. All Ontarians have the right to equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination or harassment. We believe that everyone has worth and value, and that all staff are entitled to be respected, supported, and treated fairly by their co-workers and supervisors.
THE POSITION INVOLVES…
The successful candidate will provide a full range of duties, including:
- Implementing social media, written communications, research activities, photography and video that support the PLASP mission statement.
- Assisting the Manager of Marketing and Communications to achieve new goals and objectives, in the areas of communication, social media, multimedia, public relations, and research activities.
- Ensuring that day to day operations of the Marketing & Communications Department are fulfilled in accordance with the department’s yearly strategic plan.
- Visiting programs/centres on a regular basis and capturing photographs and videos while ensuring families’ request for confidentiality/ privacy.
- Develop written and video blogs for PLASP and edit content on the website as needed
- Creating and posting engaging content for a variety of social media platforms
- Developing and distributing different newsletters throughout the year
- Oversees specific campaigns and projects to increase online engagement and share information about PLASP
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE…
- A University degree in Business, Communications, Journalism or related study
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience required in corporate communications including social media writing, written communication and web content.
- Strong technical skills related to web-based tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and proof-reading skills
- Photography and video experience (including creating and editing content)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro (Mac) MailChimp and social media including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin & YouTube
- The ability to relate to and work well with staff in all areas
- The ability to be a self-motivated independent worker, and a good team player
- A Valid Driver’s License and daily access to a vehicle (required for travelling to different locations)
- A valid and clear Vulnerable Sector Reference Check
- A positive and supportive working environment
- Growth and learning opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package, including an RRSP matching program and an EAP
- A 35 hour work week with a competitive vacation package
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
HOW TO APPLY…
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PR121-CCSM no later than Sunday, August 25, 2019.
PLASP Child Care Services is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please visit www.plasp.com for more employment information.