Environmental Program Manager
Be part of a progressive solution to waste diversion!
Product Care Association is recruiting for an Environmental Program Manager position based in the False Creek/Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver.
Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada and in the US. We are proud to manage collection and recycling programs for special waste products like paint, lighting, smoke alarms, small appliances, power tools, electric outdoor power equipment, and household hazardous waste. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about the organization and the programs we manage.
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and committed individual able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is a must.
The Environmental Program Manager is responsible for:
- Working with program industry members, service providers and stakeholders to develop, manage and expand a province-wide collection and recycling system for end-of-life products.
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of product stewardship plans.
- Coordinating various activities to ensure commitments in program plans are met.
- Supporting continued growth of program membership with research and member recruitment.
- Managing member outreach and member support services.
- Managing client relations
- Facilitating stakeholder relations (consumers, municipalities etc.).
- Liaising with program service providers to ensure operational and logistical needs of the program are being met.
- Developing program resource materials
- Conducting product research and categorization
- Assisting in the development of communication materials and web content for a variety of audiences (members, consumers, service providers etc.).
- Coordinating with other team members to ensure an efficient operation and effective service delivery of programs, as well as identifying opportunities for continuous program improvement.
- Managing and analyzing program performance data
- Preparing reports and program statistics for internal and regulatory reporting.
- Assisting in audit requirements and quality control.
- Assisting in the development of program policies.
- Providing support to program executive as needed with regard to all aspects of the program (e.g., government relations, additional studies)
- Other administrative tasks and projects as required, including but not limited to data entry.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and excellent computer skills.
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Valid driver license required.
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this regular, full time position along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment. Please apply with your resume and cover letter in confidence and indicate your date of availability. Deadline for applications is February 22, 2019, but applications will be considered as they are received.
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.