Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Communications
Status: Full-time, Contract (Maternity Leave)
Location: Variety Village, Scarborough, ON
Available: January 2019
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Fundraising Coordinator will plan, coordinate, and successfully execute fundraising initiatives designed to support the achievement of annual Development goals, donor engagement and stewardship. The core focus of this position over the coming year will be to build and develop donor relationships and in doing so, furthering the mission of Variety - the Children’s Charity.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing all aspects of fundraising events and campaigns including, budgets, timelines, sponsorships, vendors, RSVPs, and status reports;
- Handling the coordination and execution of Variety Village events including but not limited to the Gala, 50/50 Draws, three large third party events, and multiple small third party events;
- Proactively researching and developing fundraising opportunities through Corporate Engagement, community groups and partner organizations;
- Maximizing Variety Village exposure through the use of social media platforms such as Hootesuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube;
- Assisting with online submission of sponsorship applications,
- Working collaboratively with internal staff and volunteers;
- Ensuring all events and campaigns are managed consistently within the organization’s policies and guidelines;
- Performing duties in adherence to Variety Village policies and protocols;
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- Two+ years of experience planning and implementing successful fundraising events and campaigns an asset.
- Proven track record in attracting sponsorships , developing creative event experiences that achieve defined fundraising goals;
- Self-starter, driven and goal oriented
- Experience in event planning, vendor selection and oversight, contract review and budget management.
- Ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively;
- Hands on experience of the online donation platform Canada Helps an asset;
- Working knowledge of Word Press an asset;
- Ability to maintain composure and focus and convey confidence during event planning and execution;
- Experience working with sponsors, donors, volunteers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to oversee volunteers effectively;
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills;
- A keen understanding of the importance of relationship management;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including: PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Comfortable working with event management software and donor databases.
- Adept with online registration platforms and willingness to research and determine best use of technology to drive revenue and increase donor experience at events.
- Flexible schedule and willing to work some evenings and weekends when required for event related activities;
- Dependable and reliable;
- Access to personal transportation required.
Interested applicants should submit a covering letter and resume to the Human Resources office by January 25, 2019. Please note that selected applicants will be required to participate in a multi-step interview process. A criminal check will be also be required. For additional information, please visit us at www.variteyvillage.ca
Attn: Human Resources
3701 Danforth Ave.
Please note that requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements outlined in the job posting. Applicants should to make their requirements known when contacted.