Supervisor, Content Strategy
Employment opportunity: Permanent, full-time
Reports to: Director, Research Impact and Content Strategy
Location: Ottawa, ON
We are seeking candidates for a Supervisor, Content Strategy. This is a key position at the Conference Board of Canada which will take an enterprise-wide view on our research outputs. This role will oversee our design and editorial services teams on a day-to-day basis and will deliver project management functions across the organization related to all Conference Board research and designed products.
Our Ideal Candidate is…. a strong project manager with a keen eye for detail. Outstanding interpersonal skills are required as this role will be working across the organization. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in ambiguous situations. We are looking for someone who will contribute to our team environment, while also being able work independently.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Manage all content strategy projects from beginning to end, including tracking progress
- Develop and manage monthly reporting of the content strategy pipeline for the executive team.
- Develop and maintain a project management tool for tracking project activities and content strategy milestones.
- Oversee tasks for the design and editorial team in alignment with project milestones, deliverables and best fit.
- Quarterly presentation on project trends to senior management
- Lead team meetings
- Maintain Kanban Boards: triage new tasks, assign collaborators, assign deadlines, track job status, and update status via card comments.
- Act as a key contact for Content Strategy team projects, liaise with researchers, communications team, editors, translators and graphic designer.
- Coordinate Research Impact and Content Strategy (RICS) participation in internal client meetings to discuss project dissemination and timelines for various outputs.
- Manage external contractor tasking and performance to support the production process, this includes editors, translators and graphic designers.
- Facilitate weekly workplan meetings with communications and marketing.
- Incorporate Agile practices into production process to increase efficiency.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of four years of project management experience, and a minimum of one year of demonstrated people management experience.
- A post-secondary degree in business or other related discipline.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and production deadlines.
- Experience with project management principles and technology.
- Experience using web Content Management Systems (CMS) an asset.
- Accurate, with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sound analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving.
- Ability to juggle masterfully, build momentum, influence positive outcomes, facilitate cross-functional discussions and decisions.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Applications may be submitted through our Careers’ page.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.