Interval House is hiring!
We are looking for a Case Coordinator to join our team.
Be a Part of Interval House Residential Program Team:
This department provides programs and services that include a 30-bed shelter service, a 24-Hour Crisis Line, a Women’s Program, a Children’s Program. These services and programs are mainly organized and carried out through the structured and formal case management and client support process. The team provides programming and service delivery within a shift-based scheduling to ensure continuous service for all shifts. This position will perform predominantly 7-hr day and evening shifts Monday-Friday.
The Case Coordinator's overall accountability is to ensure the structured and effective delivery of specialized services and programs for women and their children escaping intimate partner violence, through a Case Management approach by: assessing client’s short and long-term needs; assisting in developing and implementing related action plans; applying relevant tools; assisting in monitoring and evaluating the client's actions through individual counselling, support and professional assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Implement all tasks associated with the 24-hour Crisis and Information line
- Conduct client’s admission interviews and in-depth assessment
- Schedule appointments with individual client to develop and implement case plan
- Perform individual supportive counselling that facilitates trauma recovery from abuse; provide grief and PTSD counselling, cognitive therapeutic support, coping and life skills.
- Follow-through to ensure accomplishment of case plans, including housing, legal services and access to specialized counselling
- Regularly evaluate and report on status of case plans
- Complete client discharges according to established procedures
- Document relevant information and compile statistical analysis and monthly reports to Manager – Program Administration
- Perform required office administration tasks
- Perform building security check
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary
- Perform mandatory shelter operation tasks
- Perform mandatory office administration tasks
Job Requirements & Competencies:
- Relevant education and/or related experience in programs for intimate partner violence
- At least 2 years’ direct service experience working with women experiencing intimate partner violence
- Excellent skills and experience in case management-based planning, implementation and assessment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the stages of change counselling model
- Experience related to crisis intervention
- Ability to perform outreach to relevant agencies and the IPV Sector
- Ability to perform counselling for trauma recovery from abuse, grief, PTSD, cognitive therapeutic support, coping and life skills
- Counselling/advocacy and facilitation skills for individuals and groups
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of issues affecting women and children who have experienced intimate partner violence and resources to support them
- Excellent documentation skills and records management
- Demonstrated ability to analyze statistical data and compile reports
- Ability to navigate database and case management software
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Power Point ability to use database
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and best practices
- Observation of strict confidentiality
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior in delivery of services and adhere to policies and procedures and best practices
- Ability to communicate verbal and written information formally, accurately and clearly
- Goal and results driven
- Effective time management skills
- Respect for boundaries and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Capable of managing own emotional difficulties
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Observation of strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate initiative to be proactive in the job
- Ability to develop reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively accept and respond to feedback
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
- Valid First Aid/CPR/Food Handling certificates
- Light to moderate lifting, climbing stairs etc.
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants, however, only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and/or must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
All successful applicants must undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.