CESO is a leading economic development organization dedicated to sustainably reducing poverty and fostering economic growth in Canada and globally. Our Volunteer Advisors (VAs) are senior-level professionals and executives who are interested in sharing their knowledge and expertise in meaningful ways.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Volunteer Services, the Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for pro-actively searching the CESO database and matching Volunteer Advisors (VAs) to assignment requirements for Indigenous Services (IS) as well as conduct analysis of the current roster of skills and expertise against needs to identify areas of focus for roster development.
Working closely with the Community Relations Officers (CROs), Project Administrator (PA), Volunteers Advisors (VAs) and clients in the day-to-day delivery of programs, the Volunteer Services Coordinator will provide a wide range of administration and program coordination support.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator will participate in weekly IS team meetings and, as required, support the Volunteer Services team with process improvement projects and international VA recruitment and deployment.
- Sources and recruits suitable VAs from the CESO database to ensure all assignments are filled with the most suitable VA within the targeted time
- Develops a pool of qualified VAs in advance of need
- Contributes to special projects related to client service, VA recruitment and deployment
- Provides excellent customer service to VAs (i.e. e-mail, telephone, in person)
- Coordinates all aspects of VA deployment to their assignments
- Communicates with VAs prior to departure and following the assignments to gather feedback
- Communicates with client to coordinate VA travel logistics
- Provides detailed pre-departure briefing to VAs such as trip preparation which includes flights, car rentals and accommodations as required and coordinates with travel agency and obtains flight quotes for VAs
- Coordinates with Community Relations Officers (CROs) and clients regarding VA’s travel schedule and all other travel details such as meals, transportation and accommodation
- Ensures VAs are aware of their medical and AD&D insurance coverage
- Reviews and approves VA expense claims for reimbursement in accordance with CESO’s policies and procedures, and allocates account codes accordingly
- Enters all necessary documentation into the database and ensures all information is up to date
- Follows up with VAs for overdue items (e.g. evaluation reports, expense claims and timesheets)
- Other duties as assigned
Volunteer Services Department
- Support the VS Department with continuous process improvement projects
- Provides support, when needed, to Recruitment and/or Coordination for the International Programs
- Attends monthly VS team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree or College Diploma, preferably in Human Resources Management; Business or equivalent
- Indigenous Economic Development knowledge is an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Confident in ability to listen to stakeholder needs and provide successful solutions
- Understanding and experience using various recruitment and selection tools
- Ability to conduct interviews, both remotely and in-person, using different styles and techniques
- Culturally sensitive and capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable representing CESO at external events
- Strong team player, results driven and able to work well under pressure
- Strong decision-making skills
- Able to foster CESO mission and values
- Strong research skills and ability to produce reports and summary of findings
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management
- Fluency in French is an asset
Application deadline: May 31, 2019
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.