Primary Function or Purpose of Job or Position
The Credit Valley Family Health Team (CVFHT) is an Academic Family Health Team affiliated with Trillium Health Partners and the University of Toronto. It is an engaging multi-disciplinary primary care team dedicated to continuous learning and excellence within primary care with a demonstrated track record of impactful quality improvement activities. The CVFHT also have a mandate to provide French language primary care services to the Francophone community.
The CVFHT’s vision is to provide an innovative and comprehensive model of family practice training within a patient centered primary health care team. CVFHT Provides competitive salary and benefit including pension plan (HOOPP), extended health plan, dental plan and many more.
The key functions include:
- Providing comprehensive and coordinated mental health services to Family Health Team patients.
- Providing therapeutic assessment, formulations and appropriate treatment.
- Providing early prevention by offering time limited counseling.
- Acting as a Health Promoter alongside the inter-professional team.
- Participating in an ongoing assessment of patient needs and developing appropriate programming to meet the identified population needs.
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing liaison with agencies and community resources as necessary.
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation where applicable, pertaining to patient history and encounter data
- Complete necessary FHT program documentation
- Communicate ideas and concerns to the health care team and partner in problem solving to enhance patient care
- Co-facilitate educational sessions held by other FHT multi-disciplinary team members as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master of Social Work Degree from accredited Faculty of Social Work.
- Must be a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Must be eligible for membership in the Ontario Association of Social Workers.
- 3- 5 years post M.S.W. experience along with experience working in the community is an asset
- Proficiency working with individuals, families and groups from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Knowledge in a primary care settings either in a Family Health Team or Community Health Centre.
- Experience working in palliative care, geriatric population as well as those with dementia is an asset
- Provides care coordination and acts as system navigator for individuals and families experiencing crisis with mental health struggles, dementia, and end-of-life care
- Knowledge and skills in individual and or group counselling using different modalities in CBT, self-management, motivational interviewing and mindfulness
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Ability to travel between CVFHT sites when required.
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Must be knowledgeable of the relevant legislation that will pertain to a variety of populations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in the use of computers, appropriate software applications, and electronic medical record
- Fluency in French as a second language is an asset
- Able to partner and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation skills
- Good critical thinking and decision making skills
- Interest in mental health promotion and program planning
- Able to work flexible hours in order to meet patient, physician and community needs
- Strong leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume.
CVFHT is an equal opportunity employer.
In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CVFHT will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.