Position: Clubs & Societies Coordinator
Length of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension
Hour: 35-40 hours/week
Location: Mississauga, Ontario (University of Toronto, Mississauga campus)
Application deadline: Monday, December 9, 2019
Start Date: Monday, December 16, 2019
The University of Toronto Mississauga Students’ Union (UTMSU), local 109 of the Canadian Federation of Students, represents and advocates for all undergraduate students at the University of Toronto Mississauga. The UTMSU also manages the Student Center and administers many cost-saving services. The UTMSU is membership driven and cannot survive without vital student input and involvement. Students set the agenda through their elected representatives on the UTMSU Board of Directors. (www.utmsu.ca).
The Clubs & Societies Coordinator will be working with the Vice President Campus Life and Vice President University Affairs to support all UTMSU recognized clubs and societies by providing them with access to resources and available space for their activities. They will also be responsible for maintaining a calendar of all upcoming events hosted by the UTMSU clubs and societies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
UTM clubs and societies are the back-bone of the UTMSU and as such, it is vital to maintain a good relationship between the Union and its recognized clubs and societies. The Clubs & Societies Coordinator shall work to maintain this good faith relationship.
- Attend mandatory meetings with the President, Vice President Campus Life and Vice President University Affairs
- The Clubs and Societies Coordinator report all accomplishments and hours of work to the Executive Director as well as the Executive Committee.
- Will be responsible for answering all club and society queries in a timely manner.
- Refer club concerns to the VP Campus Life and assist with implementing solutions arrived at.
- Refer society concerns to the VP University Affairs and assist with implementing solutions arrived at.
- Prepare a workshop at the beginning of each semester (Summer, Fall, Winter) to orient club and society executives with relevant rules, deadlines, opportunities, and services provided to them byUTMSU.
- Update the Clubs and Societies Handbook and website with relevant information for clubs, societies and general members.
- Work with VP Campus Life and VP University Affairs to organize club/society recognition and office space requests.
- Find innovative ways to better serve clubs and societies and help with the implementation.
- Assist in organizing Clubs and Societies Week and help in other club/society related events.
- Ensure that club/society office hours are set and complied with.
- Oversee overall financial matters pertaining to clubs and societies.
- Maintain all current information of all clubs and societies.
- Request all key access cards on behalf of clubs and societies.
- Assist the VP Campus Life with preparing agendas for the Clubs Committee meetings.
- Assist the VP University Affairs with preparing agendas for the Academic Societies Advisory Committee meetings.
- Attend all Clubs Committee meetings and Academic Societies Advisory Committee meetings.
- Maintain the clubs and societies database.
- Facilitate funding workshops at the beginning of the year to ensure proper financial statements.
- Build a strong relationship with the clubs and societies.
- Attend club and society events.
- Conduct regular inventory checks for all available club and society services such as Audio Visual equipment.
- Assist clubs and societies with room bookings.
- Manage and approve Co-Curricular Record submissions for club and society executives and volunteers.
- Highly organized.
- Self-motivated and Dedicated.
- Effective communicator.
- Adhere to confidentiality.
- Extremely personable.
- Previous involvement with UTM clubs/societies is an asset.
- Ability to work well with others.
- A quick learner.
$46,000. Prorated for 35 hours/week. Competitive benefits package included.
Contact / Application Information:
For more information on the position of Clubs & Societies Coordinator, please contact UTMSU at firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter & resume by Monday, December 9 at 12:00 pm to the attention Sara Malhotra: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Hours and compensation:
- Contract start date: Monday, December 16, 2019.
- Contract end date: December 31, 2020 – possible extension pending performance review.
For more information about the UTMSU please visit us at www.utmsu.ca/ or