|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Indus Community Services||Full Time||Executive (Dept. head, director)||7500085000CAD$75,000 - 85,000||2019-07-03||2019-08-09|
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director - Newcomer Services is a collaborative member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Departmental Management Team (DMT) and is accountable for providing leadership and strategic direction consistent with the Indus’ strategic goals and managing execution to deliver desired outcomes. This includes the overall planning, development, delivery and effectiveness of programs, and the effectiveness of day-to-day program operations. The Director will build and mentor a high performing team responsible for a service oriented culture that is responsive to the ongoing and emerging needs of the communities served by Indus. They will maintain professional relationships with community stakeholders and funders at all levels and stay current on region wide initiatives and developments in the sector.
The Director - Newcomer Services will demonstrate the following personal competencies:
* Strong people skills – a collaborative team player capable of building trusting relationships at all levels of an organization, with a participative management style.
* Responsiveness – ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed timeframes.
* Innovative and strategic thinker – ability to identify, develop and implement new ideas and concepts drawn from the settlement & related sectors.
* High degree of professional and personal integrity.
* Capable of delivering on commitments – setting clear objectives and deliverable goals.
* Driven and hardworking – ability to get things done within agency protocols and program standards.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Overall responsibilities include operation planning, program management, program quality control, people management, operational efficiency, relationship development & management, and financial management.
* Lead a Newcomer Services team committed to the delivery of best-in-class client centred Settlement & Employment programs and services. Lead and implement long-term departmental strategy, goals and objectives and partnerships to support the strategic directions of Indus’s programs, consistent with the philosophy and mission of the organization.
* Develop the annual operating plan, budget and program evaluation framework in alignment with Indus’ strategic vision for newcomer programs.
* Oversee accurate data collection for the agency’s integrated management dashboard for program metrics to measure the performance and outcomes of program interventions and for dissemination to the Executive Leadership and Departmental Management Teams, Board and funders.
* Lead the development of program policies, guidelines, procedures and best practices and quality improvement plans for effective program implementation.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with funders, internal and external stakeholders.
* Oversee program budgets, expenditures, funder reporting for the purposes of contractual compliance in coordination with the CEO, ELT and DMT.
* Participate in broad based planning through affiliation with other community organizations.
* Compile, analyze and report trends within the program, identify and provide leadership in exploring joint programming activities and resource utilization.
* Manage risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action in consultation with the CEO, ELT and DMT.
* Lead the recruitment, supervision and mentoring of direct reports and establish performance expectations in consultation with the CEO.
* Participate actively in the ELT and DMT meetings to drive organizational growth and day-to-day management.
* Participate in key board/staff committees to support the agency’s strategic plan.
* Continually develop and evolve the Director - Newcomer Services position, in consultation with the CEO, to align it with the emerging needs of the organization and the evolving changes within its operating environment such as ongoing maintenance of agency and professional accreditation.
* Along with the CEO, represent the organization to the board, funders and networking and community partners.
* Coordinate funder communications and related requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Public Administration, Masters of Social Work (MSW), or equivalent degree in a related human services discipline.
* A strategic, conceptual and big picture thinker, fostering a climate of innovation, with a minimum of 10 years’ progressive management and leadership experience in Settlement, Employment, Language or Community program development.
* Demonstrates a collaborative, inclusive and proactive management style with a service orientation.
* Knowledge of cultural and social backgrounds of immigrants and refugees; including the settlement and integration issues of various age groups.
* Experience in effectively developing and managing settlement, employment and language services for newcomers, and community based programs and activities.
* Experience working with the multiple funders (federal, provincial, municipal) or other non-profit sector agencies, an asset.
* Exceptional business management skills (strategic planning, budgeting, resource allocation and analytics).
* Demonstrated ability to cultivate and nurture productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, able to develop consensus and motivate individuals in complex working environments, both internally and externally to achieve common goals and outcomes.
* Outstanding strategic analysis capabilities through research and networking that supports short and long term planning and strategic decision making. Able to perform detailed planning, information analysis and report preparation for a variety of audiences.
* Proven experience in developing funding proposals to governments, foundations, corporate and private funders.
* Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in all agency functions.
* Demonstrated leadership skills in leading multi-functional teams with knowledge on motivation, conflict management and problem solving.
* Experience in team building, decision making, delegation, budget and resource development and management
* Ability to identify cross-functional linkages and key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges.
* Ability to develop and execute monitoring measures to identify program strengths and weaknesses and implement necessary changes.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze information in order to innovate or modify practices or service models to maximize effectiveness, and mitigate potential risks.
* High level of integrity and accountability, demonstrating a high standard of professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
* Proficiency in MS Office E-mail and Internet applications.
* Demonstrates excellent, clear and concise oral and written proficiency in English.
* Ability to work flexible hours and in a fast-paced environment.
* Current Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Screening will be required.
* Valid Driver’s License with own transportation a must.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm, August 9th, 2019. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Director – Newcomer Services” - (insert your name)’
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.