|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services||Contract - Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||4750055000CAD$47,500 - 55,000||2019-04-04||2019-04-23|
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is multi-service agency located in the heart of east downtown Toronto. For 90 years, we have been touching the lives of thousands of our community’s most vulnerable residents by providing a range of programs and services across every stage of life.
Reporting to the Director, People and Culture, as part of the DHNS’s management team, and member of the Human Resources team, this position is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Volunteer Programs. This role is a leader in the formation of Volunteer Program best practices including the promotion of volunteering opportunities to the public, and maintaining a positive image of the organization within the community.
• Recruit, supervise and support volunteers to assist in delivery of DHNS’s programs and services.
• Assess skills, abilities and interests of volunteers to determine assignments to meet the needs of the programs/staff and support meaningful engagement for volunteers.
• Liaise with department Managers regarding training and orientation of new volunteers.
• Develop and implement retention strategies which include training and educational workshops for volunteers, as well as coaching and mentoring.
• Produce and distribute an electronic newsletters to outreach to community members and to recognize inform and inspire current volunteers.
• Plan, coordinate and deliver agency wide volunteer appreciation events.
• Conduct program promotion, including development of materials, participation in internal and external volunteer fairs and community events.
• Administer of database and report on program statistics.
• Develop and deliver training for staff who work with volunteers.
• Active member of TAVA, Volunteer Toronto, United Way Speaker’s Bureau.
• Act as a primary staff resource for volunteers and coordinates all volunteer activities.
• Conduct Criminal Record Checks (CRC/VSS), submit all requests to CRC service provider and follow up on results as required.
• Support orientation and training within the organization.
• Support staff recognition initiatives and events.
• Act as liaison with local Community Colleges and Universities; recruit and supervise co-op/placement students.
• Create and maintain an environment in which staff and volunteers can participate and deliver high quality service that is responsive to the needs of clients and the community.
• Post-secondary degree combined with a program management diploma or a certificate in Volunteer Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in volunteer management or working with volunteers and/or human resources management role.
• Ability to build rapport and maintain high level of credibility and integrity at all levels of the organization.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills sufficient to be viewed as one to whom employees from all levels can approach and discuss matters that may be confidential and sensitive.
• Strong written and verbal English language communication skills; fluency in additional languages relevant to the Agency’s scope of work will be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated listening, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently but also to function in a team environment, to multi-task and to respond to changing needs.
• Qualified to work in Canada.
• Able to submit to vulnerable sector police background check that will produce a “Clear” or “Satisfactory” result.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single Word or pdf document to email@example.com before April 23, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. quoting File #19-PC-15 in the email “Subject” line.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies.