Who we are
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit that builds health, belonging, and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food. We were founded in 2012 to work with local partners to build Community Food Centres in low-income communities.
We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change. CFCC is a flexible, collaborative, and dynamic workplace.
Overview of the Position
Community Food Centres Canada is looking for a hands-on Chief Finance and Information Systems Officer to lead the finance, information systems, organizational planning and operations function of the organization and the development, implementation and monitoring of the information systems.
This position is for you if:
- You are an accomplished senior-level finance and information services executive
- You have direct experience in developing and implementing an organization-wide digital strategy
- You have led a finance accounting team
- You are experienced at developing operational plans and performance dashboards by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to set key performance indicators, targets and metrics
- You have hands-on experience sourcing and implementing an enterprise resource planning system that integrates accounting, human resource information, CRM databases, grants management
- People refer to you as a strategist, systems-thinker and operational planner
- You are known for your excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You possess deep knowledge and experience with cultural and digital transformation
- You are passionate about the mission of Community Food Centres Canada
Qualifications for this position include:
- Business administration or commerce, preferably at the Masters level
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation is an asset
- Information systems and technology certification or training
- CPA Ontario Not-for-Profit and Charity Finance Leadership Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of five-seven years of related financial management as Director of Finance, CFO or Controller with a similar sized organization
- Minimum of five-seven years information systems management experience at a senior level in a public or private organization that provides programs and services to a diverse client group
- Minimum of five-seven years operations experience
- Direct senior level experience developing, implementing and overseeing data and information strategies within technology systems
- Experience leading the development of annual work plans for the organization
- Experience working with cloud-based databases such as Salesforce
- Strong analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of information technology and information management best practices
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and delivering service to multiple stakeholders
- Experience with effectively directing the operations and the delivery of services within a user-focused information system toward the achievement of organizational goals
- Experience as a change agent, inspiring leader and engaged team player with experience working across a diverse/complex business environment,
- Experience recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, supervising and evaluating direct reports
- A track record of exemplary business acumen, ethical leadership, business integrity and information systems innovation
If you are interested in this position:
- How? Please submit a cover letter with your expression of interest and a resume outlining your experience and qualifications
- By when? by Wednesday May 8 at 5:00pm
- The candidates selected for an interview will be sent the full job description for this position
- Please do not contact the organization for information
- Only those selected for a first interview will be contacted
Community Food Centres Canada hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, person of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
Community Food Centres Canada would like to thank you for your interest in the organization and the Chief Finance and Information Systems Officer position.