Department: Equity Service Centres - Good Food Centre
Supervisor: Executive Director
End Date: Permanent, Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $55,628.61 Salary
Hours Per Week: 40 hours
About the RSU:
The Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU) is currently seeking candidates to assist with operations at the Good Food Centre. The primary responsibility of the selected applicant is to coordinate and oversee the day to day operations of the Good Food Centre. Will support part-time staff, volunteers in program execution, volunteer management, campaigns, advocacy and events, and secure sponsorships. (4-month probation)
The Coordinator is directly supervised by the Vice President Equity and Executive Director, they will work closely with the Equity & Campaigns Organizer and the Good Food Centre staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the day to day administration and operations of the Good Food Centre, including but not limited to: service provision, new member orientation and intake procedures, training and volunteer management, equipment and systems analysis, event coordination, campaign development, and fundraising
- Oversees and support part-time staff implement and volunteers Good Food Centre programs, initiatives, and events
- Oversees Good Food Centre deliveries, food purchases and provides up-to-date statistics and an inventory of the Good Food Centre
- Oversees and coordinate part-time staff in organizing and coordinating campaigns and related events that address issues of food security, student poverty & sustainability
- Assists in the research, development, and implementation of food security, nutrition and student poverty campaigns, including the development of campaign materials
- Ensures the coordination of campaign efforts with those of the Canadian Federation of Students, MealExchange, and any other external bodies or organizations
- Assists and acts as a resource to the Sustainability and Feed Students, Support Survivors Committee and attends meetings as required
- Coordinates services provided through the Good Food Centre, including but not limited to, the food bank program, the Good Food Box program, Community Garden, Emergency Food Grants, and other services determined by Management
- Identifies and assists with the promotion and development of Good Food Centre and its related services and campaigns.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for cooperation with the RSU and the Good Food Centre on relevant campaigns
- Oversees and assist part-time staff with the implementation of RSU campaigns and other appropriate campaigns that the Good Food Centre endorses
- Works with other Equity Service Centres to plan joint events where possible
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and positive space in all Good Food Centre activities and incentives
- Responsible to maintain regular office hours and ensure the health, cleanliness, and organization of the office and its services.
- Responsible to supervise all Coordinators working for the Good Food Centre. Acts as the main point of contact for discipline and supervision of coordinators
- Supports part-time staff in developing and executing strategies related to the recruitment, orientation, retention and support services of volunteers within the Good Food Centre
- Ensures adequate record keeping is maintained for the Good Food Centre. Responsible for maintaining, updating and compiling intake forms through the Good Food Centre
- Provides regular reports on fundraising activities and level of participation for the Good Food Centre to management. Responsible for coordinating food drives, monetary drives and other food bank fundraisers throughout the year.
- Recommends and initiates special projects related to the Good Food Centre and/or food insecurity, nutrition and student poverty campaigns of the Students’ Union
- Assists in the development of issues-based policies pertaining to food insecurity, nutrition, and student poverty
- Responsible for supporting part-time staff developing an outreach strategy to promote the services of the Good Food Centre; outreach includes but is not limited to tabling, class talks, and postering
- Supervised by and reports to the Vice President Equity and Executive Director.
- Must have a degree or diploma in a field that is in relation to social services or hospitality.
- Excellent crisis intervention, prevention and de-escalation skills, conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions, ability to problem solve is required.
- Previous experience working with post-secondary students or within an educational environment is an asset.
- Experience with food preparation, knowledge of safe food handling practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Commitment to food security, social justice and knowledge of social services and community resources.
- Excellent computer skills, including Google Drive Suite. Excellent customer service skills, working with diverse and marginalized communities from an anti-racist / anti-oppressive framework.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to
Good Food Centre Hiring Committee
Ryerson Students’ Union
55 Gould Street, SCC 311
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1E9