|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Michael Garron Hospital||Full Time||Manager (Supervisor of Staff)||N/A||2019-03-27||2019-05-26|
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Supervisor, Child & Adolescent/Out-Patient (Full-Time)
The Supervisor reports to the Manager, and is responsible for ensuring patient care services are delivered with high quality, safety and consistency on a daily basis. This is achieved through continuous supervision of care team members to promote care that is patient centered, timely and efficient. The Supervisor enables care team members to coordinate and integrate services and encourages ongoing performance improvement. The incumbent maximizes the use of available resources to facilitate efficient patient throughput and patient care excellence. It is understood that while the primary responsibilities are unchanged, the tasks, communication strategies and decision making activities to achieve them will differ depending on the supervisor's area of responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing or equivalent preferred.
- Current certificate of competence issued by the discipline's licensing body in Ontario required.
- Demonstrated experience in incremental leadership responsibilities in the field of nursing/healthcare required.
- 5 years of recent relevant experience in mental health acute care Environment required. 2 years of consistent development in a Leadership capacity required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient/staff scheduling systems, payroll systems and workload management systems required.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer required.
- Flexible, organized and self-directed within scope of responsibility; demonstrates initiative and independent judgment.
- Must demonstrate flexibility related to hours of work and must be willing to participate in rotational on call responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills.
- Evidence of ongoing education (e.g. workshops, seminars, etc.) and up-grading of technical skills and knowledge.
- Excellent work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart