The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the leading national industry organization dedicated to advancing the transformation to high-performing, healthy green buildings, homes and communities throughout Canada. We are striving to make Every Building Greener.
Manager, Fundraising & Project Implementation
Based in Ottawa or Vancouver
The Manager, Development and Project Implementation is responsible for securing and closing funding and in-kind support from corporations, government and foundations, as well as supporting the implementation of projects including market research to grow and support the Canada Green Building Council initiatives and programs.
The primary responsibilities involve researching, writing and assembling funding proposals, materials and reports to funding organizations, seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential funders, maintain current records in database and shared systems for coordination, tracking and reporting, and support the implementation and management of funded projects.
The ideal candidate possesses enhanced writing skills, is highly collaborative, is deadline orientated and can work effectively in a social enterprise/not-for-profit context.
- Identify and develop a network of funding opportunities nationally and regionally that include industry, government, research and granting organizations and foundations, and conduct outreach to funders and manage relationships in service to annual fundraising goals
- Support the setting of annual goals for funds raised, and action plans to meet those goals through contributions from renewals and new funding prospects, as well as identify opportunities to engage lapsed funders and renew existing partners
Research and Analysis
- Develop and maintain, through market research and analysis, a deep level of understanding of changes in market, emerging trends, best practices, and key data for CaGBC strategic priorities, and partner landscape with a focus on identifying funding opportunities, and to optimize competitive positioning of existing initiatives and programs
Proposal Writing and Project Implementation
- Lead the writing of funding proposals and budgets, letters of inquiry, applications, reports, and involve key staff and management to review and participate in relevant funding application processes
- Maintain current records in database and shared systems for coordination, tracking and reporting that includes information on proposal submissions, funding partnership prospects, partnership outreach interactions, and intelligence to inform short, medium and long term future funding scenarios
- Create and maintain the materials required for the development and submission of funding proposals, ensure compliance with all funder guidelines, and coordinate timelines to ensure adherence to funder deadlines and allow for adequate input, involvement and review from management concerning funder submissions and reporting
- Communicate CaGBC’s objectives and initiatives to funders in a compelling and strategic manner that inspires support, maintain materials, and update to align with the interests of potential funders and specific funding opportunities
- Report against fundraising budget and update the annual strategy to mitigate or leverage quarterly results
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in fundraising, corporate sponsorship or business development
- Post-secondary education in project management, business administration, marketing or related field; an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics
- Willing and able to travel
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Demonstrated experience in development and execution of successful fundraising plans and strategies
- Enhanced skills in completing grant proposals and securing funds
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize information and position an organization’s unique contributions
- Proven track record of building and implementing partnerships with corporations, government and foundations
- Highly organized, entrepreneurial, resourceful, collaborative and capacity for critical and creative thinking
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to the CaGBC mission
- Knowledge of the green building industry is considered an asset
- Superior interpersonal, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project management and budgeting capability
CaGBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.