|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada||Full Time||Executive (Dept. head, director)||N/A||2019-05-10||2019-05-31|
About Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada:
For more than a century, Boys and Girls Clubs in communities across Canada have been helping young people to discover, develop, and achieve their best potential as they grow to become future adults, citizens, and leaders. As the largest agency in our country serving children and youth exclusively, Boys and Girls Clubs provide quality after school and out-of-school programs that support the healthy physical, educational, and social development of more than 200,000 young people and their families in Canada each year. The mission of the organization is to provide safe, supportive places where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships, and develop confidence and skills for life.
In this dynamic role, the Director, Human Resources & Culture will contribute to the development, implementation, and management of human resources strategy, policy, and procedure, and help the Executive Team foster a culture of employee engagement and shared learning. As a versatile director, the incumbent will provide expertise in recruiting, onboarding, payroll, compensation and benefits, training and professional development, employee relations and performance management, and workplace wellness. Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada is a growing team, and this role will guide change management, influence corporate culture, and ensure a productive, positive workplace. This new position reports to the Vice President, Finance & Operations, and will be a member of the Management Team.
• Translate human resources strategy into action through the documentation, management, and development of HR policies and procedures
• Oversee the full talent management cycle, including position posting, sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, offer, and onboarding
• Ensure comprehensive payroll and benefits administration
• Lead implementation of and oversee a human resources information system (HRIS)
• Oversee all training and professional development of employees in HR- and IT-related projects
• Create an innovative learning and coaching environment, with a fresh performance management approach
• Foster a positive workplace environment and strong, professional culture, with a focus on employee engagement
Qualifications & Experience:
• Education: University degree, college diploma or equivalent; Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation is preferred
• Experience: Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a not-for-profit or charitable organization
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS software
• Thorough knowledge of payroll administration
• Thorough knowledge of human resources policies, procedures, and best practices
• Experience in talent management, change management, and leadership development
• Strong knowledge of human resources activities, including onboarding, compensation, benefits, recruitment, performance management, training and professional development and labour legislation, ideally across Canada
• Excellent organizational, analytical, communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
• Strong interest in all facets of information technology and its application to productivity
• Strong interest in employee wellness strategies and workplace learning plans
This position requires completion of a police record check.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process, upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Posting deadline: May 31, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.