Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program Coordinator
Main Site (9401 Jane Street, Vaughan)
Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week)
$68,000-$80,000 + Health Benefits + Pension
The Vaughan Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit, community-governed organization providing primary health care, social services, and illness prevention programs primarily to the residents of the Western and Northern York Region. In particular, we serve those people experiencing barriers to accessing health care services due to culture, language, age, chronic illness, or the like. As part of the health promotion framework of our services, we work in partnership with other community-based health and social service organizations to address individual, family, and community needs.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program (CDPMP) Coordinator will oversee the successful operation of three chronic disease programs: Diabetes Education Program (DEP), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Education Program and the Chronic Disease Exercise Education Program. This position will be expected to ensure that all programs meet the performance targets identified by the funder. In addition, in collaboration with other VCHC staff, the Coordinator plans and promotes the community-based education programs. S/he will be directly responsible for providing support and leadership to teams of the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program.
The CDPMP Coordinator works in partnership with the Executive Director, the Management Team and other staff to support Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the Centre and to ensure that organizational accountability systems are implemented. S/he also participates in the accreditation process, implementation of strategic plans, and performance reviews.
This position reports directly to the Director of Programs and Services.
- Provide leadership in program planning, delivery, monitoring, data collection and evaluation to the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program teams: DEP, COPD and Chronic Disease Exercise Education Program.
- Ensure that the inter-professional teams in the CDPMP maintain clear, accurate and timely written documentation. This includes requisitions, reports, encounters, and other information.
- Ensure that the inter-professional teams in the CDPMP meet the performance targets identified by the funder and prepare quarterly reports as required by the funder.
- Divide the targets per month and submit monthly reports on the achievement of the targets to the Director of Programs and Services.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs and Services, implement quality improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient delivery of client-centred services and programs that are integrated across the VCHC and the community at large.
- Support and manage the inter-professional teams in the CDPMP by conducting quarterly supervision meetings and staff performance appraisals as per VCHC guidelines.
- Coordinate the ordering of clinical supplies, equipment and resources.
- Coordinate the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) services for the Centre.
- Regular monitoring of client services and case management.
- Coordinate chart audits for the Centre and share the results with the Director of Programs and Services and Management Team; ensure that the CDPMP teams achieve the follow-up actions in improvements as a result of the audit.
- Participate in developing funding proposals.
- Engage in health promotion activities onsite and off-site in conjunction with other service providers.
- Approve purchase orders up to $500 and reimbursement requests up to $300 for team members.
- Monitor the program resources budget line in collaboration with the VCHC Director of Programs and Services.
- Coordinate work schedules, timesheets and professional development/time off requests for CDPMP team members and ensure that the teams follow internal processes.
- Support the CDPMP teams with day-to-day IT issues and if required, escalate them to VCHC’s IT supplier.
- Create IT and electronic medical records system user accounts for new staff in the CDPMP teams; provide orientation and login setting; and coordinate user account deactivation for those teams.
- Coordinate and chair regular team meetings to monitor the progress of the team’s outreach activities and work plan.
- Ensure orientation of new CDPMP staff, students and volunteers.
- Ensure Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Program representation on various networks or coalitions, where appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director in managing advocacy initiatives.
- Lead the VCHC Research Committee in the selection and development of VCHC research proposals and review of participation in external research projects, which may be initiated internally, externally or in partnership with another organization(s).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or higher level university degree in a medical field;
- Training in motivational interviewing or health coaching;
- Good understanding of Ontario’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Framework;
- Good understanding of self-management support options for clients with chronic disease;
- Minimum of two years of experience providing leadership and support to staff teams;
- Experience in addressing the social determinants of health utilizing inter-professional teams;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, lead and evaluate group programs;
- Knowledge of community support programming and resources;
- Demonstrated networking ability, success in partnership development, proposal and report writing as well as administration of program budgets;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- Proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications;
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs addressing the needs of diverse communities;
- Ability to speak a second language appropriate to the Vaughan community is an asset.
The position will involve working regular office hours, some evenings and the occasional weekend. Successful candidates must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening reference check to the satisfaction of the Vaughan Community Health Centre.
Please send your cover letter and resume by March 22, 2019 at 5:00pm to:
The CDPM Program Coordinator Hiring Committee
c/o Vaughan Community Health Centre
9401 Jane Street, Suite 206
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 4H7
Fax: (905) 832-0093
While applications are preferred via email, you are welcome to apply by fax, mail or in person.
Accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process please call us at 905 303 8490 ext. 128 to provide your contact information and a member from the hiring Committee will contact you.
Vaughan Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.