Horizons of Friendship is a Canadian non-profit, international development agency committed to eliminating the root causes of poverty and injustice through the cooperation of people from the South and the North.
Horizons of Friendship supports Central American and Mexican partner organizations that undertake local initiatives, which further this goal.
In Canada, we raise awareness on global issues and work with Canadian organizations at the local and national levels to bring about positive and lasting change.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this staff member is in charge of the donor database, donor relations and administrative support for the organization.
The Donor Relations/Administrative Officer processes all donations in accordance with organizational and CRA policies and procedures using Raiser’s Edge software; verifies all pertinent information given with the gift and makes necessary changes in the database; produces tax receipts, acknowledgement letters; and is in charge of data integrity, and the production of database reports.
Data Entry/Donation Processing
- Enter and process all donations, including in-kind, using Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft software, developing queries in order to create daily and monthly batches;
- Process monthly pre-authorized payments via the bank electronic funds transfer system and RE fundraising system;
- Prepare bank deposits;
- Reconcile fundraising system with bookkeeping system on a monthly & annual basis shared with Finance;
- Prepare income tax receipts and acknowledgment letters, ensure timely mailing and keep records up-to-date;
- Maintain database records to reflect relevant information, including database reports for consortia;
- Process ticket tracking sales for events, ensuring that receipts are within the CRA guidelines to recognize donation amounts and prepare revenue tracking report at the end of each event;
- Create and run database queries, support fundraising efforts;
- Prepare and send pledge payments letters to monthly donors.
- Provide support to Fundraising staff
Blackbaud RE software Administration
- Implementation of database Raiser’s Edge updates as needed;
- Train new staff to ensure understanding of database structure, coding and procedures.
Administrative Support Functions
(Under the direction of the Executive Director)
Board meetings (Four times a year)
- Act as a resource to the Board of Directors: prepare agendas; take and transcribe board minutes and prepare documentation, including uploads on the board intranet; organize logistics for board meetings.
Other administrative tasks
- Produce correspondence, including reports, flyers, as needed;
- Provide support to staff as requested, including daily pick up and delivery of mail;
- Work with office volunteers as needed;
- Maintain central and donor filing system;
- Maintain petty cash, reconcile quarterly and submit report;
- Make travel arrangements;
- Provide support to fundraising events;
- Act as a backup for the closing and opening of the Shops, as needed;
- Prepare timetables for four appeals and two newsletters, coordinate timing with printing and mailing house;
- Maintain the office, including purchase of office supplies, ensuring that equipment and building are in good working order, doing daily back-ups of the server.
- Certificate in office administration (or sufficient proven work experience);
- Support administrative skills with a minimum three-years experience in a related position;
- Competent bookkeeping skills;
- Experience in data entry using database and fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge);
- Accurate and detail-oriented;
- Advanced computer skills in a network environment and with Windows, Word, Excel, and various Internet tools;
- Superior English skills, both written and oral;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to organize, work independently and accurately, to set priorities and establish deadlines, and to handle effectively multiple requests and demands on time;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- High level of initiative;
- Spanish as a strong asset;
- Attitude and behaviour which shows respect for different cultures.
For more information on Horizons of Friendship, see our website at www.horizons.ca
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.