Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Enrolment Management Outreach Specialist
Assistant Head Enrolment Management
Director of Communications and Marketing
Summary of Position:
The Enrolment Management Outreach Specialist is responsible for the development and delivery of key initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the Enrolment Management Department and the school, by promoting its vision, mission and values, and upholding its brand and standards in the marketplace. While a member of the Enrolment Management Department, the role will also work closely with the school’s Director of Communications and Marketing.
Specific Enrolment Management Accountabilities Include:
- Assists in the development of an annual community awareness and outreach plan
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners and feeder schools to support brand awareness and enrolment
- Promotes enrolment opportunities and programs to professional organizations and consultants
- Collects, generates and analyzes data, web analytics, and demographic research in order to drive enrolment initiatives
- Collaborates on the development of local, national and international recruitment campaigns to attract student applications – including print and digital advertising, print collateral, signage, web design, social media and video
- Assists in the development and deployment of student recruitment materials
- Co-ordinates Student Recruiting local, regional and national outreach event management, including pre-event site research, host/vendor meetings, site visits, and negotiations
- Oversees preparation of event invitations, programs, name tags, other materials as well as site set-up and event day co-ordination
- Co-ordinates and works with the Communications and Marketing Department to develop strong and consistent marketing and communications strategies for events
Specific Communication / Marketing Accountabilities Include:
- Maintains efficient department systems, policies, and processes upholding industry best practices in project management
- Works collaboratively across departments
- Prioritizes and manages school-wide support requests, working collaboratively with other departments to confirm and clarify goals and deliverables
- Monitors and upholds the BSS brand, marketing and communications standards, editing and proofing all materials for quality control and provides guidance, support and consultation to other departments on strategic communications, branding and project management
- Assists with the development and production of school-related print and digital collaterals, working with department staff and vendors to achieve a high level of quality and innovation which accurately reflect the BSS brand
- Handles office administration, including organizing vendor invoicing and department meetings
General Accountabilities Include:
- Commits to the Staff Growth and Evaluation Program
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ marketing, event or communications experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, agency and/or educational setting
- Event, Marketing or Communications degree or diploma and/or a related combination of experience
- Superior strategic communications, writing and editing skills in digital and print platforms
- Experience with InDesign, databases, Microsoft office suite
- Project management expertise
- Data generation, analytical and measurement skills, including a facility and appreciation for the power of data
- Professional manner with a strong customer-service orientation
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to see the bigger picture while working at a detailed level
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the school year
- A sense of humour
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to email@example.com indicating Enrolment Management Outreach Specialist position in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca