Maintenance Supervisor Job Posting
The David B Archer Co-op is a 190 unit apartment and townhouse complex located in downtown Toronto. The Co-operative is seeking a full time Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the standards of the co-op.
This is a unionized role. This position reports to The Board of Directors of the David B Archer Co-Op and the office Manager.
- Oversee and coordinate the broad array of facility-related maintenance, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, masonry, roadways, and strategic planning and execution of new constructions, architectural and design activities.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects to modify or improve facilities.
- Adhere the co-ops maintenance budget.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics as required either quarterly or monthly to the boards committees or members.
- Conduct inspections of building and grounds identifying maintenance and safety problems and implementing corrective action as needed.
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs. Conducts building audits to ensure legislative compliance
- Manage contractors and/or service providers while exceeding contract expectations.
- Ensuring that training of staff is provided as required.
- Supervises, and motivate staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance
- Coordinate and work with maintenance team to ensure efficient completion of service requests as submitted by the member
- Responding quickly to emergency/unscheduled service requests outside the ability and control of on-call service.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- Responsible for ensuring all projects are completed in a safe and timely manner with consideration to the members.
- Schedule work orders, request tenders as required for materials and contracted work, make recommendations to the board of directors to award contracts.
- Computer literate, experience in internet researching and office applications
- Performs unit inspections,
- Budget preparation for maintenance items
- May be required to perform Hands-on repairs and replacement work
Summary of Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a residential maintenance role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills to liaise with members, staff, contractors, engineers and other professionals.
- Awareness of co-op housing principles and procedures is an asset.
- Needs to know City of Toronto Property Standards By-law, Ontario Building Code, Electrical Safety Act, AODA, Human Rights Act, PIPEDA.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of skilled trades, coupled with the ability to perform minor repairs etc.
- Frequent standing and walking required throughout shift; must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in contract negotiations related to service and construction contracts.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime when required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit resume by May 31, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants are expected to submit at least three references and a current criminal record check at the time of the interview.
Candidates are also expected to sign a permission form to execute a vulnerable sector screening request.
References and criminal record check must be received and found acceptable before the successful applicant will be offered this position.