|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Sherbourne Health||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-03-27||2019-05-26|
job title: EMR & Data Administrator
job ID #: HIS 19-0301
department: Health Information and Systems
reports to: Manager, Health Information
salary range: MS2 - $42,978.00 – $53,722.50 per annum
status: Full time, permanent
hours: 37.5 hours per week
who we are:
Sherbourne is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness.
At Sherbourne, our doors are open to every one, and we prioritize those who face barriers to care: LGBT2SQ community members; newcomers to Canada; and people who are homeless and under-housed. Our unique programs combine primary health and chronic disease management, health promotion, outreach and social supports, and mental health services, to increase access for our priority populations, influence population health outcomes, and strive for organizational excellence. They include the Acute Respite Care (ARC) program, The Rotary Club of Toronto Health Bus, Supporting Our Youth, Rainbow Health Ontario, Women In Need ‘Klinik’ (WINK) and Health Access St. James Town.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, Ministry of Child and Youth Services, City of Toronto and many generous companies, groups and individual donors.
about the role:
As the EMR and Data Administrator, you assist with generating monthly, quarterly and annual statistical reports to analyze, interpret and present for the purposes of program planning/design and management decision making. Furthermore, you provide ongoing EMR and other eHealth initiatives support to the end users of the EMR. You will also be the first point of contact regarding EMR issues and will triage any on going EMR help desk issues.
day to day responsibilities:
As the EMR & Data Administrator, you will have a set number of tasks that include: analyzing data, creating and drafting reports, and responding to requests for client data. This role will also require you to take minutes, update and circulate working documents, design forms, and update training manuals and database entries. As a key EMR support to users, you are able to triage and respond to issues sent to the EMR help desk, report trending issues and escalating issues to vendor support when required.
to thrive in this role, you’ll need:
• Undergraduate degree in data science or health science or health studies or public health and at least one-three years of experience in EMR database management in a healthcare setting or an equivalent blend.
• Experience in data analysis and generating tailored reports for diverse stakeholders.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in Excel is required.
• Experience generating queries in SQL is preferred.
• Experience in Accuro EMR is an asset.
• Previous experience developing training manuals for clinical applications systems (EMR) is an asset. Detail oriented, methodical approach to document design is required
• Experience in Tableau or other visual presentation software is an asset
skills and abilities:
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio).
• Ability to develop professional relationships with staff, physicians, volunteers and external partners.
• Highly-developed customer service focus with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team or independently.
• Ability to work within an anti-oppression framework; understands and appreciates the diversity of our client and staff population and community.
conditions of employment:
• Demonstrates commitment to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
to apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID #HIS 19-0301 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTING TO REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BOLD. KIND. REAL. OPEN. WE CARE.