The Sponsorship Collective is growing!
We work with sponsorship seekers across Canada to build best in class sponsorship programs that audiences and brands love.
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships will work out of our Ottawa office (though we like to work from home several times per week) with a focus on building new sponsorship relationships on behalf of our clients.
This role will be actively engaged in seeking sponsorship commitments from brands on behalf of our clients, who are usually associations, charities, festivals, conferences and, on occasion, sport. Sometimes those negotiations are simple and sometimes they are complex, focusing on sponsorship, employee engagement, marketing, branding and experiential marketing.
This position will include the following mix of responsibilities:
Sponsorship Acquisition (70%)
- Prospect research and lead identification
- Cold calling and prospect outreach
- Securing and scheduling meetings
- Running discovery meetings to determine needs and capabilities of prospects
- Proposal creation
- Following up with prospects and proposal submissions
- Selling sponsorship packaged and exhibit space
- Creating monthly activity reports for clients
- Perform category analyses, identifying new prospects & performing in-depth target research for new client partnerships
- Maintain accurate records of sales conversations and/or partnership deliverables
New Client Acquisition (20%)
- Attending networking events
- Meeting with prospective clients to determine needs
- Following up with prospective brokerage clients
Boring stuff (10%)
- Internal meetings
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in sponsorship sales, conference planning, fundraising or in B2B sales
- Proven success in achieving targets and goals
- Ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
- Base Salary + Bonus
- Job Type: Full-time
Some Important Notes:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Boring stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will be on the phone constantly. Sure, social selling has value, so does email and so does inbound…but this is not the best path to sales, and you know it (and so do we). Sales are made on the phone or in person. If you do not like to speak on the phone, you should definitely not apply for this job as you will hate it!
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people.
- Our approach is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality (being late for a client call is never, ever, acceptable). But what we don’t expect is perfection. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick call or email.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please follow the steps listed below. We will be interviewing applicants as they are received, so please don't wait to apply.
- Send us a cover letter talking about what makes you the right fit for this role, outlining your experience in similar roles. Do not send a blanket cover letter (we can tell). Instead, sell us on your application in the same way you would reach out to a cold prospect and introduce your core product (i.e. you!)
- Be sure to include your ideal salary range in your cover letter
- Include a resume