|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Kids Help Phone||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-03-04||2019-04-28|
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sounds like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
Location: Toronto downtown office
Starting Date: Ongoing in 2019 (need staff for as early as March 2019)
Salary: $25.23/hour with premium for working overnight
Benefits: As applicable to position
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has been Canada’s only national 24/7 bilingual (English and French) phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth, focused on mental health. We are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
CALLING ALL COUNSELLORS
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of youth by contributing to a safe and trusted place for young people in any moment of crisis or need?
Do you believe in a future where every young person in Canada could access the support they need, in the way they need it most?
Do you agree that it’s possible to find strength within oneself to work through our issues and take the next step?
JOIN OUR TEAM
In accordance with our vision of reaching out to all Canadians youth, we are rapidly expanding and want you to join our dedicated counselling team.
MULTIPLE OVERNIGHT FULL-TIME COUNSELLOR POSITIONS
We are currently recruiting Counsellors to work overnight, as this is the time that most youth in crisis reach out for support. This position includes working every other weekend.
Our counsellors provide professional telephone and on-line counselling. We follow a professional Code of Conduct and use clinical models confirmed as best practices or evidence based. Counsellors will also provide education and referral to youth as they define themselves, contacting Kids Help Phone within contexts of protection and empowerment of children and families to support the care of children and adolescents.
Counsellors provide assessment, counselling and support to youth in crisis and when appropriate provide referral to local community services to ensure effective professional response to the specific crisis. This includes assisting youth in distress and/or requesting supportive and educational services and completing required documentation to support direct service for telephone, and on-line interventions.
Our counsellors also:
• Participate and attend in-service training, clinical consultations, staff meetings, shift debriefs, and other professional development activities
• Maintain a sound knowledge of various national and provincial laws affecting the lives of children and young people at risk to provide sound decision-making support regarding appropriate and relevant referral to community authorities
• Share areas of expertise and participate in developing resources for the department
• Follow professional problem solving models
• Actively participate in the process of individual clinical supervision and coaching
• Facilitate the growth and understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle in which each child or youth is equipped with various tools and skills required to respond to the day-to-day demands of living in a dynamic family group, within a community and within a larger society
• Represent the Kids Help Phone counselling service in a variety of venues, e.g. to volunteers, donors, educational settings, the media, as requested
• MSW or BSW with a preference given to Mental Health focus and those that are eligible for registration with a regulatory body for the Province they are working in
• Minimum three years of relevant experience in a social service sector
• Demonstrated experience in clinical counselling and crisis intervention (telephone counselling preferred)
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to create and maintain trusting relationships with youth as they define themselves
• The ability to engage clients in non-judgemental problem solving
• The ability to analyze situations, make appropriate decisions concerning clients’ needs and provide appropriate therapeutic service
• Fluently bilingual in English and French, in both verbal and written
• Knowledge of laws and services directly affecting the lives of children and youth in Canada
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit :
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_counsellor
Your cover letter will outline:
- Your interest in working at Kids Help Phone
- Your educational background
- Any Professional College or Association you are affiliated with
- Summary of professional experience in similar roles
- The clinical counselling models you are trained in or familiar with
- Confirm your availability and interest to work the aforementioned schedule
This posting will be open until April 28, 2019.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.