Position Title: Digital Media Specialist
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Digital Media Specialist is an expert in social media and digital marketing who can create and execute social media marketing strategies for the CCA.
In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team, the primary role of the Digital Media Specialist is to lead and execute the CCA’s social media communications (Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goggle+, YouTube etc.). This will include building engagement on our public social platforms, as well as our membership community through our private member group and membership application. In addition to leading all social media activities, the Digital Media Specialist will support the communications and marketing team with ongoing initiatives including the coordination and execution of newsletters, general communications, website updates, partnerships, event logistics, and sales.
The Digital Media Specialist would work cross-functionally to develop and execute strategies to reach each department’s target audience and grow our overall online community. The Digital Media Specialist must develop a thorough understanding and appreciation of the CCA’s vision, mission, values and strategic goals, brand guidelines and work in the advocacy and research fields, ensuring that all communications implicitly or explicitly deliver on brand messaging, CCA values and customer service standards.
- Create, manage, execute and monitor day-to-day communications and campaigns across public social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
- Create content, build community and spark engagement in our private member group and membership application.
- Develop creative strategies to build engagement around our membership community
- Develop the strategy and execute digital paid campaigns including social media, SEO/Google Adwords, etc.
- Draft and execute the Social Media editorial calendar and weekly blog
- Build and leverage cross promotional opportunities with bloggers
- Create and implement community engagement strategies and campaigns tailored for different audiences.
- Produce key metrics reports and consistently innovate by looking for ways to improve processes, test new content, and research new platform features and technologies
- Stay up to date on key trends and stimulate conversations to increase engagement around chiropractic care
- Maintain a strong brand voice for all CCA social media channels and create synergy among all social platforms
- Support the communications and marketing team with the coordination and execution of newsletters, general communications, website updates, partnerships, event logistics, and sales.
The Digital Media Specialist has experience with:
- Social media engagement, campaigns and advertising (building community)
- Developing and executing SEO/Google Ad word campaigns
- Graphics production with ability to conceptualize and create eye-catching images, sources images and editing skills
- Video production skills; filming, editing and production.
- Multi-tasking with frequent shifting priorities
- Performing as part of an innovative team within in a fast paced environment
- Blogger Relations, developing cross promotional opportunities
- Google Analytics
- CRM software such as Infusionsoft, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Microsoft Office
The Digital Media Specialist role is:
- Curious by nature - You ask questions to ensure you understand the needs, impacts and risks for the CCA
- A problem solver – With every change you evaluate the impact on the organization and assess your options
- An exceptional writer – You deliver thoughtful and effective content that drives engagement
- Detail oriented – You can multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual in French - (not required but considered an asset)
- Post-graduate certificate in public relations, communications, social media or digital marketing
- 2-4 years of experience in a related position within a fast-paced environment. Health sector experience is considered an asset.