|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Canadian Bible Society||Full Time||Executive (Dept. head, director)||N/A||2019-09-09||2019-09-30|
Regional Director, British Columbia
Location: 1207 Kingsway, Vancouver
Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Regional Director who has primary responsibility for leading the regional team, in close collaboration with the National Office, to build relationships and implement CBS programs in British Columbia.
The Regional Director also has the responsibilities to coordinate the work involving staff and volunteers based in the region, assist with fundraising initiatives, and collaborate extensively in the establishment and improvement of Public Relations.
Reporting to the Director of National Programs and as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), they will work to build and lead an integrated regional team involving local staff and volunteers and work with the National Office and different regional teams across Canada. Working closely with District Boards, churches, local/national partners, and other constituents for the successful development and implementation of the approved plans and objectives for BC.
• Develop and grow strong partnerships in the region for program implementation;
• Work with the Executive Director to prepare the annual strategic program plan for the region;
• Oversee the preparation of the annual budget for the region;
• Ensure excellent budget control and the accomplishment of program objectives in the region, and accurate reporting thereof;
• In close collaboration with the National Office Volunteer Coordinator, manage volunteers for program implementation, with a particular emphasis on local recruiting, management, and recognition alignment with National Office objectives and policies;
• Assist District Boards through consultation with planning and attending various meetings and supporting events planned by the District Board that are in alignment with CBS standards;
• Work with the Development team to organize and support fundraising activities in the region such as setting up meetings, contacts, logistics, speaking/presenting, and providing excellent public relations on behalf of CBS;
• Support the Scripture Resources team, providing appropriate balance and policy compliance between sales, subsidized, and free distribution of Bibles and other resources.
• Participate in the senior leadership meetings and special projects.
• Demonstrated multi-year track record of success in relevant roles, as a leader implementing programs, preferably with a non-profit organization;
• Successfully developed and managed teams including volunteers and managed plans and objectives;
• Highly relational with excellent and proven soft skills including communication and people skills;
• A strong hands-on knowledge of the region, preferably with an existing diverse network already in place that can be leveraged;
• Self-motivated and able to work remotely as needed;
• A strong understanding and empathy of the challenges of the local church setting, and comfort working in a broad ecumenical spectrum;
• A university degree in business, non-profit management or equivalent;
• Able and willing to regularly travel within the region, and occasionally nationally or even internationally.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas. As we celebrate 110 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures.
Join our growing team at this exciting time! Please forward your CV along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to email@example.com by September 30th 2019.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the CBS. All offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks, credit check and Police background check.