Canada Learning Code seeks to grow our Fundraising Team
Canada Learning Code is a national not-for-profit organization championing digital literacy education, working nation-wide and across all sectors to equip Canadians with technical skills. To date, the organization has taught over 100,000 learners through their programs, which are offered in 35 cities across the country. Founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code. Canada Learning Code’s goal is to create 10 million technology learning experiences for Canadians over ten years. Technical skills are a tool of empowerment, and it is the organization’s mission to ensure that all Canadians - particularly those who are currently underrepresented in the tech sector - have access to learn these critical skills and be active participants in the digital age.
Canada Learning Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and inclusion within all our teams (employees and volunteers alike). We are committed to continuing to diversify our Teams across Canada. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups.
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Fundraising Coordinator, Partnership Development
What Success Looks Like
- We attract new funding partners through the crafting of compelling and impactful engagement opportunities
- We successfully onboard philanthropic partners from diverse funding streams - including individuals, corporations, and foundations
- We fully leverage and support our national network of Canada Learning Code champions to build new funding relationships
- Build and maintain our prospect pipeline through researching, identifying and qualifying potential corporate, individual, foundation and government funders
- Work cross-functionally with Program Design and Program Delivery teams to identify new funding opportunities and areas for engagement
- Support the development of our major gift, individual giving and institutional giving programs
- Develop tailored proposals and grant applications that resonate with potential funding partners and reflect our strategic priorities
- Successfully prospect, solicit and on-board partners at the $25,000 and under level and work closely with the VP of Fundraising to secure partners at the $25,000 and over level
- Respond to requests for information from prospective funders, with primary responsibility for conducting discovery calls
- Work closely with the VP of Fundraising to identify and build on partnership leads sourced from our CEO, Board of Directors, Chapters and Fundraising Advisory Committee
- Support our chapter community with sourcing and onboarding new local funders
- Prepare meeting briefs and prospect profiles for the VP of Fundraising and CEO as required
- Prepare funding and/or gift agreements and MOUs that accurately outline partnership deliverables and ensure all agreements are signed and filed for audit purposes
- Work closely with the Fundraising Coordinator - Partner Relations and Stewardship to ensure our partners have a fantastic giving experience and all funding deliverables are met
- Contribute to data-driven decision making by tracking all contact with partners in Salesforce
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of department budget and revenue schedule
- Support the development and maintenance of our prospecting collateral (pitch decks, one-pager program summaries; etc.) to ensure all documents are compelling, are consistent with brand guidelines, speak to current needs and are up-to-date
- Attend Canada Learning Code events, sponsor events and networking events as a representative of the Canada Learning Code Fundraising Team as required (requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary)
- Other duties as assigned
- One year or more of fundraising or related experience (sales, business development)
- Post-secondary education in marketing, fundraising, communications or combination of education and related experience
- Strong relationship building skills, with comfort communicating in writing, by phone, and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully prospecting and securing support at the $25,000 and lower level
- Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce preferred
- Experience working with community volunteers
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills
Work Hours and Environment This is a full-time position. Core working hours are 10AM - 4PM Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work outside these hours as you prefer and is needed to achieve goals. This role will work primarily from our HQ office space but our organization has a flexible workplace policy. We have an open concept workspace with flexible workspace options.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. Some travel may be required.
This role reports to our VP of Fundraising.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.