The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS), located in downtown Ottawa, is seeking a talented, technical, client-centric, data analyst with a passion for analyzing and transforming data to support decision-making and drive business value. Reporting to the Manager, Data Services, this position will support CaRMS’ data strategy and expand our production capabilities to perform more analysis of data to support strategic decisions. This role will leverage technology to deliver data solutions for our clients.
- Responds to internal and external data requests via transparent, efficient processes and according to agreed upon service levels.
- Performs analysis, interprets data and analyzes results using statistical and quantitative analysis techniques.
- Works closely with clients, stakeholders and CaRMS leadership to provide analytics that meet their data needs and support improved understanding, problem solving and continuous improvement of match policies and processes.
- Maintains ETL (Informatica) and data analysis mining services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhances business processes.
- Is responsible for implementing and maintaining the data reporting platform and develops value-added reports for internal and external audiences.
- Writes clean, efficient, maintainable and scalable complex SQL (Structured Query Language) and Python or R code as part of weekly tasks and contributions to our codebase.
- Performs PostgreSQL database management functions including performance tuning, security, architecture.
- Acquires data from various data sources and creates data models, database design and data mining.
- Develops and publishes BI solutions (dashboards, reports, metrics, etc.), leveraging the reporting platform (Tableau, MS Power BI).
- Designs, develops and delivers transaction level and aggregate level reporting and visualizations from data repositories and responds to and resolves visualization issues.
- Defines data requirements through interpretation of business requirements and stakeholder meetings to gather data requirements and build self-serve solutions.
- Is responsible for maintaining effective data and business intelligence and client-facing data access and analytical methods and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, research discipline or equivalent education/experience is required.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) / Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) / Certified Data Professional (CDP) are assets.
- 3-5 years’ experience in data warehousing/business intelligence methods and tools/data analysis (e.g., Informatica) is required.
- Demonstrated experience with relational database systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
The successful candidate:
You have superior data analysis skills with the ability to produce high quality statistical analysis and reports. You have expert knowledge and understanding of data analytics tools like MS Excel, SQL, SPSS, R. You will bring superior database skills, SQL programming, Python, Tableau, ETL processes, business analysis, and data visualization.
You are a highly organized, analytical, detailed individual who is a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and can produce strong results within tight deadlines. You have excellent oral and written communication skills relating to identifying trends and providing insights for management. Your strong client focus enables you to process external data requests and explain and interpret data for the matching process. Your strong teamwork skills enable you to work with multiple departments to meet their data needs. You make decisions based on data and you have exceptional business acumen and problem-solving skills to deliver effective data solutions for our clients.
If you are contacted by CaRMS for a job opportunity and require any accommodation or assistance, please inform us directly at email@example.com.