Join the world’s largest wish granting organization and help us strive to bring every eligible Canadian child’s wish to life. Make-A-Wish® Canada is going through an exciting evolution that you can be a part of – grow with us! We are seeking enthusiastic fundraising professionals to join our team in the areas of individual giving, events and corporate alliances.
Along with the National Office, eight regional chapters grant transformational wishes for children in need from coast-to-coast. Make-A-Wish Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, granting wishes for more than 480,000 children since 1980.
If you are a dynamic team member who is results-driven, customer-focused, multifaceted and - most of all - fun, Make-A-Wish® is the place for you!
The Stewardship and Donor Engagement Officer will help grow and evolve Make-A-Wish® Canada’s stewardship and donor engagement program and contribute to the further development and consistent delivery of exceptional donor experiences. The Officer will work closely with the marketing, fundraising and special events teams to deliver comprehensive and strategic donor-centred initiatives and tools that support Make-A-Wish Canada’s strategic priorities and key fundraising pillars. The Stewardship and Donor Engagement Officer is ultimately responsible for the delivery of agreed-upon stewardship activities as set out in the donor recognition annual portfolio plan.
The Stewardship and Donor Engagement Officer is an important member of the Make-A-Wish Canada fundraising team, responsible for growing and deepening the relationship that donors have with Make-a-Wish Canada. The select candidate must possess a proven record of successful individual donor fundraising and should be a proactive team player who can manage numerous projects and deadlines with ease. This role reports directly to the VP, Marketing and Development and works alongside the Marketing and Development team.
1. Donor Cultivation, Engagement and Stewardship
- Collaborates with senior management to lead the development and implementation of a stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters and nurtures long-term, meaningful relationships between Make-A-Wish and its donors;
- Ensures stewardship and donor engagement activities are timely, substantive, meaningful and personal;
- Plans and organizes impactful events related to donor appreciation events, announcements, and milestone celebrations to motivate increased and continued support;
- Creates and implements highly customized stewardship plans for major individual donors and foundations;
- Creates and produces targeted stewardship and engagement communications, including interim and final reports, other communications as appropriate including thank you letters;
- Contributes to the identification and implementation of new and innovative recognition, appreciation and engagement opportunities;
- Compiles and maintains an inventory of existing stewardship and recognition commitments to ensure compliance with a donor recognition policy and matrix and gift agreements;
- Maintains an online archive and records for all donor communications;
- Maintains a stewardship and donor engagement calendar;
- Adheres to Make-A-Wish policies and procedures regarding the integrity, security and appropriate use of information in keeping with the wishes of all donors and stakeholders and relevant privacy legislation;
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship initiatives.
2. Administration and Development Team Support
- Provides appropriate stewardship reports using templates, spreadsheets and other applications, information tools and techniques;
- Responds to donor inquiries as required.
3. Budget and Strategic Planning
- Support monitoring of expenses against budget;
- Support strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising or special events planning;
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in the fundraising/advancement field or equivalent client-focused environment;
- Strong track record of donor cultivation and stewardship;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships within and across departments;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors and/or clients;
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be a team player amongst a smaller team and a casual working environment;
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to inspire donors, volunteers, staff team, and/or corporate partners;
- Computer proficiency in using the MS Office suite;
- Experience with donor databases such as Salesforce or Raiser's Edge;
- Flexibility and willingness to work on occasional evenings and weekends;
- A valid driving license is an asset.