Search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for The Wellspring Foundation
The Wellspring Foundation (Wellspring) works tirelessly in partnership with the Rwandan people to empower leaders, teachers, and parents to take ownership over the success in their local schools. Their goal is to ensure that the change sparked by employing Christian values-based education methods in each school will continue for generations to come. “By adopting a humble approach and structuring our programs to empower others, Wellspring seeks to treat every person with the same dignity and worth that Jesus shows each of us.” (Andy Harrington, CEO)
Wellspring is seeing fantastic progress in their work so far and this growth requires additional resources to surge ahead. They need a relational storyteller and big-picture thinker to work with a dynamic team and inspire donors in Ontario and the Eastern Canada/USA region to dedicate further financial commitments, leading to generations of improved lives through education in Rwanda and beyond. The Ontario Development Officer (ODO) will experience first-hand the sustainable positive impact of Wellspring’s activities in Central and Eastern Africa, and convert these encounters into engaging events and presentations that appeal to a multi-generational, Eastern North American audience.
Your love for connecting people with opportunities to financially support transformational change will multiply the successful impact on thousands of people within Central/Eastern Africa long into the future. Contact us for more information today!
(A = ACT AI = ACT & INFORM AAC = ACT after CONSULTATION)
Organizational Direction (AI unless otherwise stated)
- To help develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising and major donor relations strategy for Wellspring with particular relevance to Ontario and Eastern Canada/USA.
- To take the lead role (with the support of the Development Director and CEO) in building and maintaining major donor relationships, including individuals, key institutional and foundation partnerships in Ontario and Eastern Canada/USA.
- To support and participate in campaigns, development activities and strategic planning across the Organization. [AAC]
- To work with the Public Engagement department to build the brand of Wellspring. [AAC]
- To support all marketing and communications in North America (AAC)
- To work with the CEO to build strategic alliances and partnerships consistent with the organization’s vision, mission, and core values. (AAC)
- To work with the Development Director, Director of Public Engagement and Communications team to develop an organization-wide multi-generational engagement strategy. (AAC)
North American Team Responsibilities (AAC, unless otherwise noted)
- Participates in team meetings and addresses key issues relating to fundraising and donor relations.
- Works under the direction of Development Director to implement decisions approved by him and, where appropriate, the Leadership Team.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on all activities to assist the CEO in his responsibility to the Board to protect and direct the organization. [AI]
- Makes key contributions to the development and implementation of overall Wellspring strategic plan, annual action plan and annual budget.
Direct Operations (A)
- Regular attendance at Wellspring activities in North America and Central/Eastern Africa.
- Promotes the work of Wellspring, by communicating with external and internal groups.
- Major responsibility for development and fundraising for Ontario and Eastern Canada/USA region and a key participant in the same for the overall organization.
- Communicates with ministry stakeholders.
- Advocates on behalf of Wellspring.
- Directs the operations of the Regional Development Assistant in the support of development activities.
- Helps coordinate special events to promote the ministry of Wellspring.
Team Membership (AAC)
- Member of North American Team.
Financial Stewardship (AI)
- Makes key contributions to the development of the annual budget and maintenance of financial operations.
- Helps coordinate financial support activities of the organization in Ontario/US.
- Oversees the recruitment and retention of major donors.
Accountability, Spiritual Development & Personal Training (AAC unless otherwise stated)
- Attending North American staff meetings, retreats and training events as required either in person or via Skype etc.
- Participating in prayer days and personal study time.
- Meeting with the Development Director and the CEO on a regular basis.
- Providing regular reports on the work to the CEO and Development Director and, through them, the board.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- A consistent life, which brings glory to Him.
- Adherence without reservation to the Statement of Faith of Wellspring (available upon request).
- Familiarity with the Bible.
- A commitment to reach our stakeholders.
- An advanced degree is preferred or the equivalent in training and experience.
- At least eight years of related experience.
- Leadership qualities, including being an encourager, facilitator, enthusiastic and an initiator.
- Ability to act as both team leader and part of a wider team.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new situations.
- Optimism and creativity.
- Desire to work in an educational and mission’s capacity.
- Personable, comfortable in relating to a wide variety of people and organizations, including representatives of the Canadian church community.
- A self-starting motivator.
- An encourager, facilitator, enthusiastic and an initiator.
- Ability and willingness to accept and implement the methods and concepts adopted by Wellspring.
- Regular church attendance including some church involvement.
- Ability to act on initiative.
- Ability to work under the accountability and supervision of the Development Director.
- Creative ability to tell compelling stories to diverse audiences.
- Ability to articulate difficult issues and to communicate Wellspring strategies to a broad audience.
- Ability to work well with deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations to small or large groups.
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Superior administrative capacity to manage a large number of projects and tasks simultaneously and to complete them with minimal oversight.
- Leadership experience including project management, working with staff both in team and one-on-one, planning, coordinating and leading small and large group events and activities.
- Financial management skills.
- Effective time management skills.
Find further information on The Wellspring Foundation at https://thewellspringfoundation.org
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Applications will only be considered from Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.