Bring your excellent payroll and client service skills to our team as the Payroll and HR Programs Administrator.
The College’s Human Resources (HR) department leads the development and implementation of employment programs, policies and services that support the organization’s strategies. This includes attracting, developing, retaining and engaging a skilled and diverse workforce through a range of employee engagement initiatives, projects, staff training and development, compensation and continuous improvement. HR also ensures that the College is positioned as a competitive employer within the regulatory environment.
You will be responsible for the operation and execution of payroll and benefits administration, and will support various human resources programs and services that help our staff do their best work. You are a self-starter, able to work autonomously and enjoy working within a client-focused team environment.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Prepare and manage payroll, time, attendance, and HRIS employee records updates using Ceridian Dayforce
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the HRIS system and provide regular reports to the Controller
- Maintain and respond to inquiries about staff policies, RRSP/TFSA, benefits, and payroll
- Manage benefits administration, including enrollments, terminations and updates; support the administration of the pension program
- Run ROEs as required
- Manage the year-end and next calendar year processes
- Administration of leaves (STL, LTD, parental) and retirement support
- Analyze and make recommendations for Ceridian Dayforce optimization and collaborate with the Assistant Manager on implementations
- Provide feedback on department budget as needed
- Support the collection and confirmation of various requirements for employee onboarding, departure, leave, and transfers by liaising with managers as well as the Operations and IT departments
- Assist the Director with administration and maintenance of human resources programs, including new staff orientation, salary notices, vacation entitlements, and HR events
- Collaborate with the Senior Administrative Assistant, if required, on interview coordination and support as needed
- Provide back up support to the Assistant Manager for summer student & co-op student program, and other duties as needed
What skills and background do I need?
The Payroll and HR Programs Administrator requires:
- Completion of a two- to three- year community college diploma in business with a minimum of three to five years of position related experience
- Proficiency with Ceridian Dayforce, including regular, off-cycle runs, reports and mass updates
- Demonstrated experience with payroll optimization, new and enhanced features implementation and developing user and administrator reference documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication with a keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent client service and collaborating effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously with the ability to meet both regular and urgent deadlines as required
- Payroll Practitioner (PCP) or Certification Payroll Manager (CPM) designation preferred
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs, as well as a resume by June 25, 2019 at 5 pm.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available upon request under the Ontario Human Rights Code.