Position: Administrative Coordinator
Ontario Water Works Association
The OWWA’s vision is to be the leading resource for Ontario’s Water Community. We are a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization of more than 1,500 water professionals, dedicated to sharing knowledge and developing solutions for effective water management in Ontario.
The Administrative Coordinator contributes to the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and supports new and existing programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Coordinator performs a wide range of duties, including:
- Direct phone inquiries and voicemail to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate person(s)
- Purchase, receive and maintain the office supplies
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Programs Manager
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
Communications & Marketing
- Update the website with job postings
- Regularly updating Association Social Media Channels
- Working with other staff and volunteers, assist with development and utilization of communications vehicles for the organization
- Provide administrative support to lead staff on defined projects for, or on behalf of, the OWWA, OWWA Committees or other partner organizations; assignments in this area may be outside of, or in addition to, the normal responsibilities of this position.
- Administer the member database
- Provide on-site support at OWWA and Partner Events, as needed
- Completion of a University or College degree in the areas of business administration/communications is required; equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of the formal education requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office 365
- Attention to detail to routine and repetitive tasks; takes initiative to ensure that outcomes meet internal and external member requirements and quality
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing multiple competing priorities/projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Willingness to keep up with social media and communication technology developments
- Commitment to professional development
Other Job Requirements
The Administrative Coordinator should strive to:
- Focus on Member Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
This is an entry level position; 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting will be considered an asset.
Working Conditions & Compensation
This is a full-time salaried position based on a 37.5-hour work week. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. On occasion, workdays may extend beyond regular business hours.
Compensation for this position also includes:
- Two weeks’ vacation
- Employer paid group health benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
Candidate must possess a valid Driver’s License and insurance and have access to a reliable vehicle.