Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Evergreen is seeking a Senior Program Manager with a record of success in innovative program design, complex stakeholder management, and incredible execution capacity to join our high-performing programming team. This position will play a central role in the management and growth of programs within Evergreen’s Future Cities Canada portfolio, including the Future Cities Canada Summit and the TD Speaker Series.
The Senior Program Manager will understand how to facilitate learning and network building through a variety of different activities that will position Evergreen as a centre for learning excellence. The Senior Program Manager has solid experience building program work plans, managing budgets, and building vast partnerships, as well as the confidence to collaborate with individuals across the organization, and with those outside, from senior leaders, program delivery partners, and community residents alike to deliver programs that will make an impact in cities across Canada.
- Manage multiple objectives associated with an array of projects and programs, ensuring alignment with Evergreen’s mission and strategic direction
- Lead development, design and implementation of Future Cities Canada programs and events.
- Develop and manage key relationships and workplans and ensure activities are delivered to funder expectations, with proper evaluation and wrap-up
- Collaborate with Evergreen’s Marketing and Communications team to support the planning and execution of programs and associated communication deliverables.
- Work closely with Evergreen’s Development team to support fundraising from philanthropy and corporate partners, including supporting content development and reporting
Future Cities Canada Summit and TD Speaker Series
- Design, develop and deliver the second annual 2-day Future Cities Summit at the Evergreen Brick Works to bring together 950+ urban leaders from across the world.
- Oversee the content contributions for Future Cities Canada week.
- Design, develop and deliver the TD Speaker Series events, held 3-4 times per year.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate and learn.
- Network Building. Develop and steward strong and strategic relationships with stakeholders, collaborators, donors, partners, and others.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Create plans that are informed by research, data, and experience. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in program management preferably in the non-profit or public sector
- Experience in event design and management
- Strong group facilitation and meeting-management skills
- Subject-area knowledge in urban sustainability, city building, community engagement, and/or related fields
- Familiarity with design thinking and how to leverage different methods of learning and problem solving to support different audiences
- Strong understanding of inclusion, equity and social justice issues and trends, especially in an urban context
- Existing relationships in cities across North America an asset
- French language proficiency an asset.
- Supervised by: Program Director
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional evening and weekend work
Terms of contract: Full Time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “FCC Summit” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.