We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and multi-talented individual for the role of Bilingual Communications Manager.
This is a management level position responsible for conveying the College’s external messages to the membership and stakeholders, while providing administrative support functions to the Executive Director. This position also includes but is not limited to the supervision of temporary staff at off-site events, development of fundraising strategies and budget, creation of various publications and campaigns. Communications Manager must possess excellent speaking and writing skills in both official languages.
- Writes and edits a broad range of external- and internal-facing communications.
- Ensures delivery of key information to the membership through targeted campaigns and other media.
- Manages the content development of the College’s website, as required.
- Fulfills correspondence requests and ensures the accuracy of the information provided.
- Manages creation of publications, such as the Annual Report and others, as required.
- Assists with evaluation of communication effectiveness and results reporting to stakeholders.
- Manages Fellowship applications, which includes, and is not limited to, reviewing supporting documentation and ensuring the integrity of constituent files.
- Processes Life Fellowship and Life Membership requests.
- Provides excellent customer service in both official languages.
- Provides administrative support throughout the Director nominations and election process.
- Reports attendee statistics and requirements in advance of every membership event.
- Ensures procurement of supplies and prepares the necessary event-related materials in advance of each event.
- Hires, trains, and schedules temporary support staff, and ensures processing of their expense claim forms and timesheets.
- Identifies and creates contingency plans for each membership event.
- Researches fundraising opportunities and develop fundraising strategies.
- Devises and organises fundraising campaigns and events.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of specific events and campaigns.
- Performs primary reception function during regular business hours.
- Updates general and holiday messages on the phone system.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, e.g.: letters, presentations, correspondence, meeting preparation and projects as required.
- Assists in formulating policies.
- Looks for and makes recommendations concerning process efficiencies.
- Responsible for receiving, shipping, and maintaining inventory of retail products.
- Opens and screens incoming mail; sorts, files and forwards correspondence as required.
- Prepares, edits, sends, and files internal and/or external correspondence.
- Scans and forwards electronic copies of cheque payments received at Head Office to appropriate staff member.
- Maintains the general filing system and files all correspondence.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of membership files in a digital environment.
- Complies with records management and retention policies.
- Develops and manages departmental expenditures within the approved annual budget.
- Manages and processes Annual Dues, including issuing invoices, notifications and receipts for all constituent groups.
- Records payment information and accurately reports transactions.
- Ensures all payments are deposited into bank account.
- Process expense claim forms and timesheets for temporary employees.
- Maintains a current departmental process manual.
- Details individual tasks in accordance to the guidelines established by the Executive Director.
- Prepares reports for the Executive Director and Registrar, as required.
- Member of and staff resource for the Fellowship Affairs Committee.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the Communications Manager will attend:
- NDSE related events
- Annual General Meeting
- Convocation and Annual Dinner and/or Luncheon
- Any other special meetings called throughout the year
Degree/Diploma: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
Area of Concentration: Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of related professional level work experience.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Photoshop, Adobe Suite and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Bilingualism in English and French is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than March 26th, 2019 at 4 pm (EST). We thank all those who apply, however, only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.