The College of Naturopaths of Ontario works to protect the public interest by regulating naturopaths in support of the public’s right to competent, safe and ethical naturopathic care. The College fulfills its role by setting the requirements to enter the profession, setting standards of practice, administering a quality assurance program, and holding Ontario’s naturopaths accountable for their conduct and practice.
The Administrative Assistant, Registration and Examinations, provides administrative support to the Registration and Examinations programs of the College. Working with the Director, Senior Coordinator and Program Coordinators, the Administrative Assistant will administer the day-to-day deliverables of these programs to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
As the key person providing administrative support for these programs, the incumbent will:
- Provide administrative services, data entry and maintenance of database, document preparation, file maintenance, mail management and coordination of mass email/mail communications for the programs;
- Support the Program Coordinators, Senior Coordinator and Director, Registration and Examinations in reviewing and processing matters relating to the registration and examination program areas;
- Assist with event-type logistics and supply management;
- Assist in providing information to Members of the profession and the
- Provide meeting support by preparing the agenda and related materials, attending meetings and taking detailed minutes of meetings;
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, reports and documents quickly and accurately, including copying, mailing, e-mailing and retaining materials;
- Update and maintain operating policies and procedures, communication templates, fillable forms and program information materials;
- Compile and disseminate research as required;
- Review and update relevant pages of the College’s website, post information to the Public Register;
- Ensure that all general office procedures as well as program procedures are completed as directed; and
- Maintain the program files in accordance with the College’s Records Retention Policy.
This position is best suited for an individual with the following education, experience, skills and personal attributes.
- A post-secondary education in Office Administration or related programs is required.
- One to three years of experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills based on effective time-management, high accuracy, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Adobe Pro).
- Knowledge of database systems, in particular iMIS.
- Understands the not-for-profit sector, in particular the roles and responsibilities of regulatory authorities.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in French and English is a requirement.
The College’s environment is best suited for individuals with the following attributes:
- An independent self-starter who is creative, innovative and results-oriented;
- Prides themselves on their professionalism in both their actions and appearance;
- Is patient and empathetic but believes in fairness, equality, objectivity and impartiality
- Ability to work as part of a team but is respectful of the decision-making processes and legal responsibilities of the College;
- Excellent judgement, tact and diplomacy.
Terms and Working Conditions
The following terms and working conditions apply to this position:
- This is a full-time permanent position with the College;
- The position is based on a 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday;
- Occasional weekend work in the delivery examinations will be required;
- Salary will be based on the experience, skills and qualifications of the incumbent within a range of $35,000 - $45,000 pa.
College employees enjoy a competitive group benefits plan (life insurance, LTD, health, dental and paramedical services) and employees are registered in the College’s Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) program where the College makes a contribution on the employee’s behalf. The College will also provide opportunities for professional development.