|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|NABORS -Neighbours Allied for Better Opportunities in Residential Support||Seasonal||Entry Level||14.514.5CAD$14.50(Hourly)||2019-04-22||2019-06-21|
NABORS is an organization of people who want the world to be a place where all people, including people with disabilities, can live in inclusive community. We are dedicated to supporting people with physical and developmental disabilities to have rich and full lives in community and have control over their lives.
NABORS is a community of people living with a disability in Toronto and our circles of support. Our circles of support are made up of our friends and families who freely give their time to assist us to make informed decisions, act on choices, manage our paid supports and feel safe. Members are supported to live in the homes of our choice and be fully included in the community.
NABORS is seeking Full Time Summer Support Workers who will assist supported members in our homes and in being involved in our communities. Additionally the Summer Support Workers will work with core staff to plan various community events. Summer Support Workers will be hired for 30 hours per week for 9 weeks in the summer of 2019. The Summer Support Worker provides support by:
• Supporting core staff to plan for various community events such as annual picnic, movie nights, social gatherings
• Getting to know supported members and their interests.
• Working with supported members and staff to plan for community opportunities to pursue their areas of interest and goals.
• Maintaining agency documentation
• Assisting in relationship building by the development of and support to natural relationships within the member’s family, friends, and community
• Assisting with the finding of, and participation in, valued roles for the member within his/her home, cooperative living arrangements and community life
The hiring is conditional upon clearing a Vulnerable Sector Police check.
Due to the nature of the funding criteria, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Between 15 and 30 years of age as of June 17th, 2019
Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant Ontario legislation and regulations