Type: Permanent, Part-time, 30 hours/week
Mission and Purpose:
Mission: transforming youth, students and graduates, in all their ethnic diversity, into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ by providing caring and effective service to supporters and staff as they interact with the National Service Centre.
This position is focused on providing outstanding customer service to both our staff and donors, through timely handling of all donation processes. As a member of the Donor Services team, you will be the first point of contact for our donors, handling all interactions including email, correspondence and telephone. In addition to maintaining accurate and timely donation records, you will provide support relating to donor relations, outbound calls, and departmental processes in building donor retention.
This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a structured fast-paced environment, taking initiative as required and organizing work flow efficiently to ensure excellent customer service.
- Process donations received by mail, phone and online within established InterVarsity standards
- Data entry and record maintenance in donor relationship management database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Administer Pre-Authorized Contribution by bank debit and credit card systems
- Maintain effective communication with donors (IVCF & CIVCF) and staff
- Prepare written correspondence with a view to serve and to improve overall donor and staff
relationships i.e. personalized letters, emails, greeting cards, gift acknowledgment letters etc.
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of all InterVarsity business rules and follow accordingly.
This includes policies and procedures such as, but not limited to: major gifts; response times for
various activities; records retention; tax receipts; joint giving; gift acceptance; etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Donor Services Manager
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Information Services Manager.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to grow as a follower
- Minimum two to four years’ experience in front line customer service with proven ability and
knowledge of customer services best practices with a ‘donor and staff first’ approach
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience researching problems, resolving issues and communicating solutions
- High-level of attention to detail
- Ability to listen carefully and communicate clearly in responding to inquiries
- Computer skills – accuracy and speed; proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Net Community applications an asset
- Ability to focus on multiple priorities, to manage time-sensitive tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while respecting team work
- Self-motivated and self-directed learner, committed to keeping up with ministry progress and
personal skills development
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Continued growth in your relationship with God
- Excellent customer service is delivered and experienced by both internal and external
- Donations are processed accurately while meeting deadlines
- Inquiries are responded to with accurate and timely information
- All communications are caring, courteous and professional
- Organize work flow efficiently to ensure effective completion of tasks
- Contribute to team developments
Applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is eligible for extended health benefits.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) and the successful candidate must be able to submit to InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to move to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls, please.