Job Title: Manager, Transition to Housing Program (T2H)
Type: 10-Month Contract, Full-Time, Non-Bargaining Unit
Number of positions posted: 1
Pay Rate: $31.22 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, (Tuesday to Saturday)
Supervisor: Acting Senior Manager, Transitional Shelters
Posting Date: July 12, 2019
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
Program Location: 386-388 Dundas St. East
Fred Victor is a not-for-profit, community-based organization that has assisted people living on low income in downtown Toronto for over 100 years. We work in partnership with men and women from diverse backgrounds who face poverty, mental health issues, addictions, and/or social isolation to address their needs and hopes.
The FV Transition to Housing Program is funded by the City of Toronto, Shelter Support and Housing Administration (SSHA). This program is for women who are 18+, homeless and new to the shelter system, mobile and independent and motivated to move on to permanent housing with the support from FV T2H staff. The T2H Manager will bring an in-depth understanding of housing services and the issues faced by the homeless women who access services.
- Manage all aspects of T2H program operations in accordance with the City of Toronto Shelter Standards and the philosophy and principles of Fred Victor;
- Implement and evaluate T2H program model and delivery; recommend changes/improvements;
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and coach staff following FV HR policy and procedures;
- Provide regular supervisions and performance reviews;
- Develop and foster a diverse staff team, which functions effectively to meet the program goals;
- Develop, maintain and ensure the implementation of the T2H’s policies and procedures, ensuring that they are consistent with FV, any legislation and/or City Standards and the Collective Agreement;
- Oversee the scheduling of staff;
- Work with the FV Facilities Manager to ensure the property management needs of the program are adequately met;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with partner agencies, the Toronto Police Services, the neighborhood and emergency services;
- Represent the organization externally in forums related to funding, program development, sectoral cooperation and partnership;
- Co-chair the site Health and Safety Committee and respond to all health and safety reports in a timely manner, ensuring that the T2H program is in compliance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager
- 4-5 years of experience supervising, managing, evaluating, training and coaching staff in a unionized not-for-profit setting;
- Extensive knowledge and experience regarding housing options, resources and legislation;
- Expertise with supporting people to access and to maintain housing;
- Experience monitoring operational budgets;
- Ability to create programming and to facilitate groups to provide opportunities for clients' learning and development;
- Significant experience providing individual support and case management for clients who are homeless, living in poverty, dealing with severe mental health issues and addictions, socially isolated and who come from diverse racial, gender, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, including knowledge of mental health issues, addictions and factors contributing to homelessness;
- Proven skills in advocacy, mediation, crisis intervention, conflict resolution and negotiation;
- Familiarity with Toronto Shelter Standards, Occupational Health and Safety regulations and Public Health guidelines as they pertain to emergency shelters and transitional housing programs;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate productive and appropriate relationships with client group, external agencies, FVC staff and partner agencies;
- Literacy in WordPerfect, D-Base programmes, SMIS, Excel;
- Excellent attendance record, adaptability, reliability and a strong work ethic.
To Apply: Please submit a résumé and cover letter detailing how you meet the job requirements
By July 26,2019 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Acting Senior, Manager of Transitional Shelters
Applicants should quote the job title in the subject line & identify which shift they are applying for.
No phone calls, faxes, or mailed resumes please.
The final candidate(s) will be required to provide a current police reference check prior to being hired.
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fred Victor is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.