|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|John Howard Society of Toronto||Contract - Part Time||Entry Level||N/A||2019-07-12||2019-07-25|
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position: Program Counsellor I – Part-Time/Relief
Program: Crossroads Program and/or Donald G. Evans Residences
Function: The role is to provide day to day counselling support to clients. Manage and maintain office space.
Schedule: Part-Time & Relief – Hours/Days may vary depending on needs of the program. (for all shifts including WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS, STAT HOLIDAYS, OVERNIGHTS)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Starting $19.16/hour (JHST Salary Grade 3)
Reports to: Director of Residential Services (or his/her designate)
1. Be familiar with all relevant client information including PBC conditions, offence pattern, risk/needs factors and family concerns.
2. Make appropriate decisions based upon the above information, in compliance with society policies and procedures.
3. Respond to client needs during his/her shift
4. During his / her shift will monitor and maintain all established program procedures and policies.
5. Identify deficiencies in the current program practices (agency policy and procedures and contract obligations) and make recommendations or take action to remedy same.
6. Respond to all fire safety and security issues during his/her shift.
7. Perform program maintenance during his/her shift.
8. Document all significant contact with clients, using the client daily logs, the log book or an incident report as the situation dictates.
9. Develop interpersonal relationships with the clients in order to assist in the attainment of the clients’ goals.
10. Assume the responsibility for a limited case load at the discretion of the Program Director.
11. Assist in the auditing of agency/ contractual standards.
12. Assist in review and revision of agency policy and procedures, program rules etc.
13. Assist in developing a resource library via literature review, newspaper reviews and video reviews.
14. Perform administrative tasks (filing, word processing, photocopying etc.)
15. Remain awake, alert and attentive to client needs at all times when on shift.
16. Perform other duties or assignment as directed by the Director or his/her designate
1. Community College Diploma or University Degree and/or combination of education and experience
2. Knowledge of community resources
3. Intermediate-Advanced word processing skills are required.
4. Reliability check through Public Works
The John Howard Society is an equal opportunity employer and a United Way member agency. Should any accommodation be required, please let a Director know prior to an interview.
Please submit all cover letters and resumes (combined into one document) in confidence by email to Scott Leone, Director of Residential Services, at email@example.com by 11:59pm on July 25, 2019. Be sure to indicate the position that you are applying for in your cover letter.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.*