Your role will be to supervise Francophone staff, oversee program development and provide administrative support for all aspects of French Language Services at Autism Ontario. The main focus will be two-fold:
- Create a supportive environment in order to achieve regional program deliverables;
- Collaborate with others and build community partnerships to support Autism Ontario’s province-wide programs in enhancing the experience of families and children with ASD. This will include development and oversight of Francophone and bilingual events, workshops, webinars and professional training sessions across the province.
- Remote supervision and oversight of a team of French staff across the province.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for Francophone events across the province.
- Plan and write ASD content.
- Ensure a superior quality of French in written material.
- Establish relationships province-wide, often remotely, for networking and gathering input into programming for Francophone and bilingual events and professional workshops from parents, community agencies and other professionals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively with Autism Ontario leadership staff, Chapter staff, French Language Services Consultant, Provincial Advisory Committee for French Language Services and volunteer leaders to understand and respond to the diverse needs of Francophone families of children and youth with ASD.
- Oversee and develop province-wide monitoring systems for coordination of events, tracking and reporting purposes.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure proper completion of proposals, including purpose, target audience, and budget.
- Positively and knowledgeably represent families and individuals with ASD and Autism Ontario in the community. Plan, implement and oversee your own French and bilingual events in the Toronto area.
- Respond to media requests, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years demonstrated experience in supervising/training staff and/or volunteers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in the field of Autism.
- Superior written and oral communication skills (in French and English) are required. A proficiency test will be administered.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects or programs; strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be able and willing to work intermittently on evenings and weekends, as determined by various events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of autism or human services.
- Experience working with community service providers within a charitable organization.
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and flexible.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills essential.
- Travel around the region and the province, as required; a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Must be proficient with various computer programs including data base management, email, Microsoft Office applications, and have familiarity with social media and other technology tools and approaches.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email no later than April 1, 2019, to the attention of Human Resources - email@example.com. In your cover letter, please highlight your relevant experience. Please quote FLS-1017 in the subject line of your email and application. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Autism Ontario is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors.
Autism Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Autism Ontario will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the hiring process.