The BC Society of Transition Houses (BCSTH) is a non-profit umbrella organization that provides support to Transition, Second and Third Stage Houses, Safe Homes, PEACE (Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment) and Violence is Preventable (VIP) programs and associated organizations supporting the needs of women, youth and children who experience violence. BCSTH works from an intersectional feminist framework incorporating a critical lens to the systems of power. BCSTH is a member-based organization and we exist in order to train and support the vital front line services that our members provide and to advocate and ensure that their experience and expertise informs the government and the public. BCSTH began with 6 members in 1978, and today supports 104 members that offer over 200 programs. Our goal is to support our members and amplify their voices and work collaboratively to end violence against women, children and youth.
The BCSTH Team is currently seeking a full-time Director of Training for a one year term with possibility of renewal. The Director position would be part of the management team at BCSTH.
- The Director of Training will assist the Executive Director in the management, development, delivery and evaluation of all aspects of BCSTH’s training portfolio. This position is expected to provide leadership and direction within the organization related to the training portfolio. Responsibilities include the development, management and delivery development of in person and on-line curricula and skill enhancement trainings, the delivery of trainings, workshops, webinars for our member program organizations, and analysis and evaluation of the training portfolio. The Director of Training will also oversee the BCSTH annual training event.
- BCSTH’s mandate also involves educating the public including government bodies, and the Director of Training will assist the Executive Director in the research, development, coordination and delivery of training, public education and prevention activities.
- The Director of Training will participate in the development and implementation of the BCSTH Team’s strategic plan, operations plan and work plans and supervise BCSTH colleagues engaged in the training portfolio.
- Training development, delivery, management and evaluation.
- Oversight and management of the BCSTH Annual Training Forum.
- Relations with member program organizations related to training.
- Community and Government relations in particular related to training.
- Management and implementation of training initiatives.
- Grant and Fund development.
- Staff supervision.
- Operational planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, preventing violence against women along with a clear understanding of feminist and anti-oppressive analysis of violence against women.
- Knowledge and experience of the anti-violence/women's services sector. Experience working within or as a support for transition, second and third stage houses, safe homes, PEACE or VIP programs is desirable.
- Understanding and experience of working for non-profit organizations, including those providing frontline services and/or those providing sectoral support as an umbrella membership association.
- Experience and expertise in any of the following areas is a must: training development, delivery, analysis and evaluation; in person and on-line training curriculum development; program/project coordination of training initiatives; supervision. Experience and expertise in any of the following areas is desirable: grant writing; budget preparation; research and policy analysis; legal and social justice issues.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in social science, law, human services or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of training experience and project/program management with strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to budget, manage finances and cash flow. Knowledge of non-profit accounting procedures and generally accepted accounting principles for non-profits.
- Excellent public speaking skills, able to deliver in person and online trainings and workshops, participate in speaking events and panels at conferences, communicate with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate training programs and projects.
- Competent in computer software: Access, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and expertise with online training, webinar, conferencing platforms.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required, the position will require travel and overnight stays.
- This position would suit a person who is self-motivated, has excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills, a constructive, encouraging attitude and a good sense of humour.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information about the position and BCSTH, please review the Director of Training job description and visit our website: https://bcsth.ca/employment/
Please email your cover letter and resume to Amy S. FitzGerald, Executive Director, email@example.com by 5pm on Friday May 31st, 2019
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.