The Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF) is a dynamic, collaborative, feminist organization with an unwavering commitment to supporting grassroots organizations across Africa in countries hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic. The work unfolding in these communities is ground breaking, as lives are rebuilt, rights are reclaimed and resilience re-forged. We are passionately committed to our partnerships, and this model of working is infused into the fabric of our day-to-day work.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation partners with community-based organizations, which are turning the tide of the HIV and AIDS pandemic in sub-Saharan Africa by providing care and support to women, orphaned children, grandmothers and people living with HIV and AIDS. Since 2003, the SLF has funded more than 1,800 initiatives, partnering with more than 325 community-based organizations.
Assuming the greatest level of trust, responsibility and fine attention to detail, the Donations Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the data entry process of gifts to the Raiser’s Edge fundraising and donor management database, adhering to current processes and ensuring data entry and donor acknowledgement fall within the Foundation’s established timelines. The Donations Coordinator is responsible for keeping donation procedure documents up-to-date to ensure efficiency and accuracy of donation processes and donor acknowledgements. As well, the Donations Coordinator is responsible for communicating with donors to keep their information current in Raiser’s Edge and provide support to maintain excellent donor care to all of our constituencies. Foundation policies and internal controls must be maintained at all times.
This is a full-time position, based in our downtown Toronto office.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, perform gift batch data entry in Raisers Edge for in-house cash and cheque donations maintaining the Foundation’s data entry standards, guidelines and practices; prepare data for committing
- Download online donations received through AKA and CanadaHelps; review and prepare data (including coordinating with other teams to verify event and participant linking) to match the import template for Raiser’s Edge database
- Perform donation entry of all third party donations in Raiser’s Edge gift batches and prepare for committing
- Work with event pledge forms to prepare data to match the import template for Raiser’s Edge
- Update and record all Planned Giving/Estate information in Raiser’s Edge and maintain hard copy files; fulfill requests for Planned Giving information and send thank you letters for notifications of planned gifts that come through the office
- Coordinate and send donor acknowledgements for planned gifts
- Provide backup for preparing all incoming donations received through the mail each day for bank deposit, including batching and photocopying all cheques and correspondence from donors for filing, and preparing a tape total
- Provide backup for processing all one-time credit card donations received by mail or by phone directly at the Foundation office
- Working in consultation with the Donations Processing and Database Manager and the Director of Development, identify and communicate areas of improvement to maintain excellent donor care to all of our supporters
- Work with the Donations Processing and Database Manager to ensure timelines are met and any issues are immediately flagged and actioned
- Respond to donor requests received by phone and by email for changes of information to their records in Raiser’s Edge, for reprints and reissues of tax receipts and to other donor enquires as needed
- Log all donor communications in Raiser’s Edge including but not limited to donor information changes, gift adjustments etc.
- On an ongoing basis, keep up-to-date all documentation of procedures relevant to this position and maintain efficient record keeping system
- Provide backup to donor care team to ensure timelines and commitments continue to be met during absences, vacations etc.
- Provide backup for sending out daily deposit report or major or foundation gift alerts
- Other duties, as assigned
- A minimum of one to three years of experience working with a fundraising and donor management data-base, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Entry-level to intermediate Raiser’s Edge training and experience
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking under pressing deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Very detail oriented and accurate
- Familiarity with CRA regulations and guidelines in relation to tax receipting is an asset
- Excellent ability to communicate with warmth, professionalism and clarity via written and verbal mediums
- Excellent phone manner and ability to connect with people
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Personal commitment to the values of feminism, social justice, solidarity, collaboration and gender equality
Supervisor: Donations Processing and Database Manager
Those wishing to apply please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Donations Coordinator” in the email subject line.
The closing date for this position is August 28th, 2019
Please do not call or email the Foundation about this posting. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest!