|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Community Legal Education Ontario||Part Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||3600036000CAD$36,000||2019-04-10||2019-04-29|
CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario/Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) (www.cleo.on.ca) is seeking an Administrative and Outreach Assistant for the organization. This is a four-day per week position.
CLEO is an independent non-profit organization that is part of the Legal Aid Ontario network of community legal clinics. For over 40 years, CLEO has built a strong reputation for producing and delivering high-quality, effective public legal education materials in print, online and other formats
for low-income and disadvantaged communities across Ontario. Our newest initiative is Steps to
This is an exciting opportunity to join a community of professionals dedicated to providing innovative public legal education to improve access to justice in Ontario. The position will be part of the OPSEU bargaining unit.
Reporting to the Director of Clinic Operations, the Administrative and Outreach Assistant provides vital support to a range of CLEO initiatives and operations. Working across multiple CLEO teams and with the public, the Assistant is responsible for providing office reception and referrals, comprehensive supports to CLEO outreach and distribution work, and effective administrative systems.
• Providing office and phone reception
• Responding to phone and email requests for information with appropriate referrals
• Updating and maintaining referral protocols and resources, with support from CLEO content experts
• Ensuring other CLEO staff are trained in referral protocols
Outreach support including:
• Generating and responding to requests for training workshops, using scripts and event content forms – use of Eventbrite or similar event
• Arranging logistics (room, equipment, parking, attendees) of training workshops and other events
• Preparing materials for outreach events
• Arranging evaluation surveys and preparation of statistical reports
• Staffing events as needed
• Maintaining database of event attendees including inputting data and creating reports
• Supporting the Executive Director in her hosting or attendance at events (finalizing presentation material, putting together handouts)
Board support, such as:
• Preparing, posting and distributing materials for board meetings
• Maintaining board records and orientation materials
• Creating and polishing visual materials for board meetings
Distribution and inventory, such as:
• Processing orders for CLEO publications
• Tracking publication inventory to ensure sufficient quantities
• Liaising with distributor as needed
• Maintaining office library of publications
Office support including:
• Purchasing office supplies and ensuring maintenance of office equipment
• Updating and ensuring the accuracy of CLEO’s database
• Maintaining office filing system, both paper and online, including a filing system for PLE materials and research
• Assisting with development and implementation of centralized digital filing system
• Making travel arrangements and processing travels claims
Job Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum two years of progressive experience working in an office environment
• Ability to work independently and assess the priority of administrative tasks
• Ability to assess and improve administrative systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to the work environment
• Excellent computer application skills (Microsoft Office) and database
• Experience working in the community legal clinic sector or similar legal or community organization an asset
• Awareness of challenges faced by low-income and marginalized populations an asset
Salary range: $45,000 full time, pro-rated to $36,000 for 4 days per week, plus a benefits package after a three month waiting period.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join CLEO’s team, please forward a cover letter highlighting your interest and experience, plus resume to email@example.com. PDF format is preferred. Please use the subject line: “Assistant application”. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. Monday April 29, 2019.
CLEO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from all groups and communities to apply.