Are you passionate about public gardens? Are you self-motivated, curious and organized? Enjoy working with extremely creative and strategic thinkers? Like the idea of a fast-paced, highly flexible work environment?
Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association (VBGA), joint operating partner of VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory with the Vancouver Park Board, is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to work closely with our team to ensure timely and superior delivery of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with several Department Directors the key responsibilities include:
Communications & Digital
- Execute and implement campaigns in all digital and print spaces, including web, social, email, incorporating best and trending practices in all areas
- Oversight and redevelopment of the VBGA website
- Analyze email and digital campaign performance and provide reports and recommendations
- Write, manage, and repackage content for multi-media, web, social, print and other distribution channels
- Assist in comprehensive digital and data audits by analyzing existing analytics data to provide recommendations on how to optimize and improve fundraising performance
- Write and edit fundraising and promotional materials as assigned, including but not limited to direct mail letters, website copy, emails, stewardship campaigns, case for support documents, brochures, and other fundraising collateral
- Proof reading and support in the development of internal/external documents as required (including RFPs).
- Maintenance of VBGA’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and others as required)
- Responsibility for the VBGA Clippings semi-annual newsletter, and collaborate and provide assistance to various departments for their regular constituent newsletters and e-blasts
- Responsibility for the VBGA Annual Report
- Development of a comprehensive marketing strategy to raise the profile and reputation of VBGA among donors, Members, volunteers, government and the general public.
- Ability to work with diverse suppliers, contractors and freelance writers and be able to manage and oversee their work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working ideally in the non-profit sector, with a preference for those with a marketing and communications background who have worked within a fund raising setting or context
- Highly adaptable, flexible and able to prioritize as part of a small but nimble team
- Able to successfully juggle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Proactive (confident in asking questions, generating ideas, and being a self-starter) on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Working knowledge of email client software (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.), CMS systems (WordPress, Google Analytics etc.) and some related graphic design software experience/knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or equivalent is required. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
We offer competitive salary and benefits package, professional development opportunities and a flexible work environment. Please note: this position can be considered full time, or as a 0.8 FTE (equivalent to four days a week) depending on the individual circumstance. The position is based at VanDusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver.
Application deadline is Friday March 29, 2019, with interviews to be conducted shortly thereafter. Applications will only be accepted via Charity Village. Please do not contact VBGA directly. The ideal candidate would start work in late April of 2019. Thank you for your interest in VBGA.